E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

fiancee almost dumped me cos of m6 rims

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by carolbob
Whatever you all disagree with now is magnified +100 in marriage. If she?s ready to bail because you bought rims for your car, than what else will she bail over? I don?t know your situation, but if you had the money to spend then she was overreacting. If you all were saving up money for the wedding or were in a subpar financial state, then the behavior is warranted to some extent, however, I question her maturity level if she?s ready to throw in the towel over things like this.
Good advice.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Members

I would say that old rims were cracked and unsafe to drive and continue modding my car...
Old 06-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i, Adaptive Xenons, 19" 166's

Sounds too complicated....... I'm sure her qualities will compliment you and vice-versa. Weddings are not cheap, maybe other factors like anxiety might be at play here...

woooo saaaaa.....
Old 06-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Senior Members

Run and don't look back! Don't do it! It multiplies tenfold when you say, "I do"... Take the hint... Get out while you still have your BALLS. Well, sounds like you have one ball at least, maybe half of one... Please someone remind me why we put ourselves through this aggrevation??? Man up DUDE!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i, Adaptive Xenons, 19" 166's

Originally Posted by medik13
Don't do it! It multiplies tenfold when you say, "I do"... Take the hint... Get out while you still have your balls. Well, sounds like you have one ball at least... Please someone remind me why we put ourselves through this aggrevation???
haha - I need to get a pair of bifocals to see your avtar.. :-) we are all suckers.. you know what they say... you can't live without? ... life.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Contributors

Dump that chick immediately. Don't F up your life with the wrong woman.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Members

Actually maybe we are analyzing this wrong...

He found a girl who is a country farm girl that isn't into wasting money on unnecessary purchases. Would you rather have a wife who lets you buy car stuff, but also buys herself a ton of jewelry and purses, OR a wife that doesn't have a shopping habit, but gives you grief about buying car stuff. hmmm Might be worth the grief!

Also if he posted a pic of her, and she was absolutely gorgeous, most of you would change your tune.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian
You guys are friggin sissies!

First, OF COURSE she flipped! So what?! Big deal! Dude, if this is THE ONE for you, fuck the car, the rims, and everything else - she's gotta come first! If you yourself don't feel like she's the one, then okay, maybe you should see what's what. But you know, so many times people would give you "advice" without really knowing the situation... my firm opinion is that your woman is ALWAYS right. The only reason you could stray from that is if you suspect that she does NOT have your best interests at heart. But if you have no real reason to think she's not in love with you, forget about those weak fools that tell you to "run"! If your woman can't tell you you're a dumbass for blowing dough on rims, then it isn't any kind of a relationship anyway. If you wanna be happy in marriage - it is all about making your wife happy first

And do yourself a favor, don't do shit without first coercing her into it

I can give you mad suggestions - I did cross drilled slotted rotors, bodykit, etc etc etc - all done with my lady's full knowledge and support. She didn't always like it, but we are together and I have to consider her wishes before mine - that's just the only way it will work. Don't ask me why or how it works like that - it just that. Unless you're gay

PS and if you don't wanna get banned from this forums, I suggest you post up some pics ASAP! Or these bitches gonna flip on you so bad, your girl's flippage will look like childplay
Dude, ur girl is awesome!, but would she walk away from u the moment she disagrees with any of those purchases you've made??, I would think NOT, and for one very good reason, she let's her man be a man!. This du's girl wants to have all the power and women like that, they'll take ur manhood bro... No joke!

And NO, women are NOT always right, except if u meant, MOMS are ALWAYS right, which is a different type of love, they always lookout for us... Modern young women are usually very insecure and in this case add unstable, in this guys case, seems its a control issue, she IS COERCING him into doing what she wants by walking away from him.

I agree with all the members that say RUUUUUUUUUUUNNN!!!, take that nice 5 series u got drive away, Trust the guy that said that this will be magnified by 10000+ once ur married...

And yeah, post pics!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Kryptus
Also if he posted a pic of her, and she was absolutely gorgeous, most of you would change your tune.
I like this last part, now that would be interesting, we usually put up with drama queens if they are freaking hot, lets see it! lol!
Old 06-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Dinan 545i

This'll all work out - it's called 'compromise'. For example, my wife told me that any more money I spend on my car put's me that much further away from an M5 - so I stopped spending on any more mods

Quick Reply: fiancee almost dumped me cos of m6 rims