E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

A Few Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 06:07 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jackbutler' date='Aug 21 2005, 07:35 PM
Thanks for all the feedback everyone. ? I can get used to the coasting but that's too bad about the nav.? :thumbsdown:

But today when i got in my car, i had a check control message. I looked through the idrive menu and it said high battery drain! The message part said not to use any unnecessary electronics, and to have it checked out at my dealer. My first thought was that maybe the P light drained a lot of it but after reading these posts im not so sure. Any ideas? Is this a serious problem?

BTW i picked it up 2 days ago and this is not what i want to see.

Thanks in advanced!

cheers,
Jack

P.S. Can the headlight alignment be a little off? I seems that my right is higher than the left.
[snapback]161807[/snapback]
Hi Jack,

I have noticed that my 530xi coasts less than previous vehicles but believe that is for the reasons stated in this thread....... Performance!
Old 08-22-2005, 05:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

as for coasting...ive noticed it does decelerate more when youre in DS/sport mode than when youre in regular auto mode. i guess thats normal.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:06 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 525d Mystic Blue Business Line

Originally Posted by Gray Dog' date='Aug 22 2005, 02:55 AM
[quote name='jackbutler' date='Aug 21 2005, 07:35 PM']Thanks for all the feedback everyone. ? I can get used to the coasting but that's too bad about the nav.? :thumbsdown:

But today when i got in my car, i had a check control message. I looked through the idrive menu and it said high battery drain! The message part said not to use any unnecessary electronics, and to have it checked out at my dealer. My first thought was that maybe the P light drained a lot of it but after reading these posts im not so sure. Any ideas? Is this a serious problem?

BTW i picked it up 2 days ago and this is not what i want to see.

Thanks in advanced!

cheers,
Jack

P.S. Can the headlight alignment be a little off? I seems that my right is higher than the left.
[snapback]161807[/snapback]

The following is what someone else sent me when I asked the same question and my dealer comfirmed it.

This is a well known problem on E60/E61, and there's a service bulletin;

SUBJECT
"High Battery Drain" Message in CID

MODEL
E60/E61 (5 Series) with N52 engine.

SITUATION
A check control message "High battery drain, increased battery discharging while stopped, vehicle may not start" is shown in the CID (Central Information Display) when starting the car.

Fault code 2DED "Power management, closed circuit current monitoring" is stored in the MSV70 DME (Digital Motor Electronics).

The vehicle starts every time, and there are no other symptoms of low battery problems.

CAUSE
The closed circuit current momentarily exceeds its threshold value when the TCU wakes up to perform the "Stolen Vehicle Recovery" function. This should not cause a discharged battery.

CORRECTION
Do not replace parts. A solution is being developed and will be published shortly.

In case of customer complaint, check the battery and recharge if necessary.

If the battery is low, then the customer may have an additional problem causing the battery to go down. In this case, carry out additional troubleshooting to identify and correct the root cause.

Hopefully will be fixed with CIP 19, but don't hold your breath....
[snapback]161816[/snapback]
[/quote]
Thanks Gray Dog for this bulletin. I have exactly this issue with my car and my dealer don't seem to have a clue. Just one question : does a 525D have a N52 engine ? I guess no. Do you know if a similar bulletin exists for others engines ?
Old 08-22-2005, 09:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xiT, Silver Gray, Automatic, Navigation, Heads Up Display; Premium Package, Comfort Seats, Logic 7 Sound System 2003 M3, Dakar Yellow, SMG

Thanks Gray Dog for this bulletin. I have exactly this issue with my car and my dealer don't seem to have a clue. Just one question : does a 525D have a N52 engine ? I guess no. Do you know if a similar bulletin exists for others engines ?
[snapback]161962[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think that the N52 engine refers to only the new 3.0 aluminum alloy engine.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

I heard the headlight condensation is normal. I thought there was a message on the board before stating that there is some opening therr to allow the headlights to cool.....