E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

A Few photos of My 5!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009 | 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by turbo_mustang12' post='861170' date='Apr 27 2009, 09:12 PM
Wow!! Does everybody always have to jump on the band wagon. I feel like if one person hates "chrome" everybody hates it, somebody hates the badge everybody hates it. Its his car if you dont like it dont comment on it. You guys make some people feel really bad. Before you know it everyone's car is gonna look the same because its what some of you think is "right".
there's a reason why certain mods are liked more than others...it's not to blend in or look alike either...

the OP posted his pics to hopefully get praised for his work...while some do/did..others also shared their opinions on some specific mod choices (including myself).

the OP even stated "hope you like it..." as a forum, people are going to give their opinion...like it or not...

most will always agree that it's personal preference takes precedence...no matter what others say...
Old 04-27-2009 | 08:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

I was at a dinner party a while ago and was talking to this guy and made a comment about his Patek Philippe watch. He went on and on telling me how he didn't want to spend the money but he was at his favorite jeweler and just had to have it, etc. I can spot a fake watch a mile away, especially a fake Patek and this was a totally worthless piece of crap. I basically stopped listening to anything he had to say after that because if his watch was full of crap and he knew it, which he obviously did, then so was he. So what happens when someone asks about your M5?? Do you do on and on about the awesome power, etc of do you just fess up and say it's a copy?? Personally, I think it's a hell of a lot of money to spend on something fake. To me it's a lose/lose situation. If you admit it you look like a schmuck and if you lie, you're even worse. And what about when you take it for service?? You you tell the rep that you need work done on your fake M5?? To me, this kid is driving around with a fake Rolex pretending to be something he's not. It's silly.
Old 04-27-2009 | 08:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

those rims are fing sick, I gotta stop keep looking at 166
Old 04-27-2009 | 09:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ' post='861195' date='Apr 27 2009, 11:42 PM
I was at a dinner party a while ago and was talking to this guy and made a comment about his Patek Philippe watch. He went on and on telling me how he didn't want to spend the money but he was at his favorite jeweler and just had to have it, etc. I can spot a fake watch a mile away, especially a fake Patek and this was a totally worthless piece of crap. I basically stopped listening to anything he had to say after that because if his watch was full of crap and he knew it, which he obviously did, then so was he. So what happens when someone asks about your M5?? Do you do on and on about the awesome power, etc of do you just fess up and say it's a copy?? Personally, I think it's a hell of a lot of money to spend on something fake. To me it's a lose/lose situation. If you admit it you look like a schmuck and if you lie, you're even worse. And what about when you take it for service?? You you tell the rep that you need work done on your fake M5?? To me, this kid is driving around with a fake Rolex pretending to be something he's not. It's silly.

That basically sums up the emotions of everyone's "negative" posts towards this. It's deception. It's lying. When the government does it, we get all up in arms. What if BMW did this to you? You paid well over $100K for a brand new M5 and instead you get this guy's car? Is it still the same? BMW "likes" the way it is so they should just leave it like that? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and so it's ok for someone that likes a few things on a higher model, i.e. wheels, shifters, lights, etc. But this guy is just knob-gobbling the M5.

That's it. I've decided I'm taking that Fiero that's rotting in the dump somewhere and putting a Ferrari F430 kit on it. I don't care if it has the purr of a F1-inspired Ferrari, I LIKE IT! For those of you that are married, lets just slap "M5 badges" on your spouses. All that matters is that you like it, right? Make that wife of yours look like the Swedish blonde you always wanted but couldn't get. Hey, problem solved. I'll leave this thread alone now.
Old 04-27-2009 | 10:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

good job transforming the beast!

leave the guy alone! it's his car/toy, his money so he can do whatever he wants to it!
Old 04-27-2009 | 11:13 PM
Senior Members

Haha, well im sorry some people are not as fortunate as some of you to afford the better things in life. Im just against judging people who would love to have it but cant so they go out and buy a replica of something. Its not that big of a deal. Anyways im also gonna leave this thread alone. I joined this forum to make friends and share my glory of owning an e60.
Old 04-27-2009 | 11:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by turbo_mustang12' post='861310' date='Apr 28 2009, 02:13 AM
Haha, well im sorry some people are not as fortunate as some of you to afford the better things in life. Im just against judging people who would love to have it but cant so they go out and buy a replica of something. Its not that big of a deal. Anyways im also gonna leave this thread alone. I joined this forum to make friends and share my glory of owning an e60.

And a turbo Mustang.