E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

FAQ: Special iDrive commands thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 12:08 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We should have a thread of all the special commands that you can do in iDrive(those that are new E60 owners will find this useful). I'll start off by adding one to the list:

"Control + Alt + Delete"
-Restarts iDrive in case it locks up
-Requires Navigation system.

To do this, hold down the DVD eject button, the CD eject button and the iDrive controller and release.

We COULD sticky this thread .

-The Pentium Guy
Old 01-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by The Pentium Guy' date='Jan 18 2005, 03:08 PM
We should have a thread of all the special commands that you can do in iDrive(those that are new E60 owners will find this useful). I'll start off by adding one to the list:

"Control + Alt + Delete"

To do this, hold down the DVD eject button, the CD eject button and the iDrive controller and release.

We COULD sticky this thread? .

-The Pentium Guy
[snapback]80482[/snapback]
It happens to me few times with old 530d (nav pro, no phone and no BT):

FM Radio i Drive screen frozen and blank of info.
Move up i Drive wheel in order to set AM radio , select a casual frequency on AM, then come back on FM and all reappears and works fine.

With new 535d never happened, got today CIP 15
Old 01-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 550i M Sport Package - Alpine White/Blk Nasca Leather, Premium hi-fi system, Sat Radio, Nav, Cold Weather Package, Value Package, Shift Paddles, Comfort Access keyless entry, Power rear Sunshade, Front Ventilated seats, Split fold-down rear seats, Heated rear seats, Automatic high beams

Great Idea!
or
Have it added to the FAQ
Old 01-18-2005, 03:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Silver Gray 545i, Sport, Navigation, Steptronic, PDC, Windowshade, Bluetooth Paired with Treo 650, Huper Optik tint, Euro reflectors, Poplar Wood Gear Shift, Poplar Wood Console Cover

Originally Posted by The Pentium Guy' date='Jan 18 2005, 04:08 PM

"Control + Alt + Delete"

-The Pentium Guy
I'll add mine that probably everyone on this board knows except for me, but I discovered it today and was thrilled.... You can access any function on the I-Drive from any position instead of hitting the "menu" button; all you have to do is hold the I-Drive knob in the position you want for about 2 seconds. For example if you have the Navigation displayed and you know that "Entertainment" is the "down" direction in the main menu, all you have to do is hold the I-Drive knob down for about 2 seconds and *viola* the Entertainment Screen appears. If you notice, there is the color coded icon in the top right screen to help you remember which way to hold it. This makes the I-Drive a whole lot easier to navigate in my opinion.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i - Titanium Grey/Grey/SMG/Nav/sports pack/premium pack/sirius prep

Originally Posted by derrickj' date='Jan 18 2005, 07:12 PM
[quote name='The Pentium Guy' date='Jan 18 2005, 04:08 PM']We should have a thread of all the special commands that you can do in iDrive(those that are new E60 owners will find this useful). I'll start off by adding one to the list:

"Control + Alt + Delete"

-The Pentium Guy
I'll add mine that probably everyone on this board knows except for me, but I discovered it today and was thrilled.... You can access any function on the I-Drive from any position instead of hitting the "menu" button; all you have to do is hold the I-Drive knob in the position you want for about 2 seconds. For example if you have the Navigation displayed and you know that "Entertainment" is the "down" direction in the main menu, all you have to do is hold the I-Drive knob down for about 2 seconds and *viola* the Entertainment Screen appears. If you notice, there is the color coded icon in the top right screen to help you remember which way to hold it. This makes the I-Drive a whole lot easier to navigate in my opinion.
[snapback]80563[/snapback]
[/quote]

Cool. If it wasn't 10 degrees outside I try that right now. Thanks.

Nick