E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F*** Deer!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ouch, your brother killed bambi. Its good no one got hurt and the insurance company will cover the damages. If you are worried about it just tell them you drove it. No way they will question it. Pretty common thing.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i Monaco blue/cream beige, light poplar trim, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed manual My other rides: Departed: 2006 530xi Silver gray/black, anthracite maple trim, cold, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed steptronic, bluetooth, adaptive xenons Departed...2002 525i White/beige, 5 sp manual

I don't think there should be any issue. I hit a deer two years ago with my e39. Damaged hood, light assembly, bumper and fender...about $4500 in damage. Turned out this was covered under comprehensive rather than collision, so only $100 deductible in my case. Hope you will be as fortunate.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Mystic Blue Metallic 545I

Damn. Looks like that deer got some distance. Mount that bastards head somewhere.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:09 AM
Members

Deer strikes are usually considered Comprehensive, rather than Collision. Just let them know what happened and they should cover without a bump to your rates. Your are still on the hook for the deductible of course.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Tell 'em that it's Bambi's fault. F'king jaywalker.

Hope everything works out the best for you.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

wow, sorry that you had this happen to your car, man.

Hope insurance takes care of it all, get her fixed, buddy

Good luck.

PS Deer have been assaulting cars long enough - we should all go hunting and get Bambi back for all the broken windshields, the grilles, the headlights, hoods, fenders and foglights that have been destroyed because of this menace to the modern driver
Old 06-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Contributors

sorry for you on the car, hope it will get sorted out well.

sorry for the deer as well.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

Why would you be talking to your insurance company at all? It was your brothers accident. His insurance covers him driving your vehicle. It's his mess let him clean it up. Don't stain your own insurance history with someone elses accident. Hitting a deer is 50% bad luck and 50% not paying attention ie. probably playing with your idrive instead of watching the road ahead. I've never hit a deer in my life but I've missed many by paying attention and using my brain, and some good luck no doubt. If I crashed my brother's expensive car, the next time he would see it it would be perfect and he wouldn't have to make a single phone call or pay a dime to make that happen. I would make it happen and I would use my own insurance.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Axeman' post='926299' date='Jun 28 2009, 10:09 AM
Deer strikes are usually considered Comprehensive, rather than Collision. Just let them know what happened and they should cover without a bump to your rates. Your are still on the hook for the deductible of course.
+1 ... depending on particular state insurance regulations this may be a no-insurance points claim. But you are on the hook for deductible. Guess you found out how strong your windshield is too! Could have been much worse.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 07 525i

Originally Posted by rodneyremington' post='926521' date='Jun 28 2009, 02:48 PM
Why would you be talking to your insurance company at all? It was your brothers accident. His insurance covers him driving your vehicle. It's his mess let him clean it up. Don't stain your own insurance history with someone elses accident. Hitting a deer is 50% bad luck and 50% not paying attention ie. probably playing with your idrive instead of watching the road ahead. I've never hit a deer in my life but I've missed many by paying attention and using my brain, and some good luck no doubt. If I crashed my brother's expensive car, the next time he would see it it would be perfect and he wouldn't have to make a single phone call or pay a dime to make that happen. I would make it happen and I would use my own insurance.

He called his insurance and they said the insurance covers the car not the driver so his does not cover my insurance. His insurance company did say that if I did not have enough coverage then his would cover it but obviously mines going to have enough coverage. He did offer to pay for the deductable.

I am also guessing he was playing with the I-drive. This is a very open road with nothing on both sides, a deer is very visible, its not like it jumped out from the bushes.