E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Extra Wires in Right Trunk

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Sold: 545i, sport package, cold weather, 6MT
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62
Default Extra Wires in Right Trunk

While looking at the exhaust vacuum controller, I noticed several extra wires in my left trunk area (see photo). Does anybody know what these are for? Navigation?

Just curious as I'm not the first owner and wonder if anything was unhooked.
Attached Thumbnails Extra Wires in Right Trunk-img_20130527_223133_383.jpg  
Old 05-27-2013, 07:47 PM
New Members

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
My Ride: 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by westsidebalto
While looking at the exhaust vacuum controller, I noticed several extra wires in my left trunk area (see photo). Does anybody know what these are for? Navigation?

They're connections for the optional turboencabulator. It's a very rare option, usually seen only in the Swiss market. You're not really missing much by not having it.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by audiophool
They're connections for the optional turboencabulator. It's a very rare option, usually seen only in the Swiss market. You're not really missing much by not having it.
they pop up on ebay every now and then. just gotta be patient.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

You guys are cold LMAO. This question keeps arising - someone a couple weeks ago asked the exact thing. It's for the center console phone/cradle. If you have BT and a car charger, i wouldnt worry about it - just 'extra' wires. If you want to retrofit the telephone cradle, do a search and you'll find instructions.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:53 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by advancedlogic
You guys are cold LMAO. This question keeps arising - someone a couple weeks ago asked the exact thing. It's for the center console phone/cradle. If you have BT and a car charger, i wouldnt worry about it - just 'extra' wires. If you want to retrofit the telephone cradle, do a search and you'll find instructions.
I was going to say the same thing.

OP In my car those cables are for the sat radio.
Attached Thumbnails Extra Wires in Right Trunk-image.jpg  
Old 05-27-2013, 10:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by Booyaazaa
I was going to say the same thing.

OP In my car those cables are for the sat radio.
Hey Booyaazaa, Westsidebalto,

The SAT radio plugs would be able to reach a little higher up the wheel well, to a bracket near the amplifier if the car was prewired for SAT. On the 545I that would include the standard power + optical connector, and a dual coaxial cabled plug, not the 2 individual units. Below is a .pdf explaining the installation procedure for the cradle (the E60 illustration also shows the SAT installation above the cradle wires:

Click HERE to download PDF

Last edited by advancedlogic; 05-27-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:21 AM
Members

That is messed up, I was a few minutes away from looking it up! lol
Old 05-28-2013, 06:00 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Sold: 545i, sport package, cold weather, 6MT
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Ahhh, thanks Advancedlogic. I spent some time looking at the Real OEM diagrams, but couldn't quite figure it out.

Just realized the title of this thread should be LEFT trunk...either way you guys figured it out, thanks.

I'll keep my eBay eyes peeled for that turboencabulator
Old 05-28-2013, 10:35 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll keep my eBay eyes peeled for that turboencabulator
Old 07-10-2013, 07:42 PM
New Members

My Ride: prado

We work with engineers to help re-design new harnesses and build prototypes to your specifications. Automotive Wire. Our experience technicians will help eliminate waste and create improved functionality and performance to your harness.