E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Exterior Interior combination

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 12:42 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the best source of information for our E60's. I have gained a tremendous amount of information from this group of great sharing people. Back to the color combination. That was the hardest for me and took over 2 months to decide. Finally I decided to walk along and look in to BMW with the various colors of interiors. I noticed the light gray and the beige, after several years started to show some dirt the owners could not get out with their cleaning methods. So, I wen the lazy way and opted for black. I guess it depends on how attached you are to the new look and how long you are going to keep your car.
Old 10-02-2004, 04:15 AM
Senior Members

the light grey interior is very difficult to keep clean, especially the carpet/floor mats. I like the light grey color. If you get the light grey, put in black floor mats.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

I have Titanium Silver with Black Leather. I like this a lot, however it is so common. The Mystic Blue with Beige Leather is beautiful and is less common. Both are great choices. As an Architect I do not care for the beige leather with Titanium Silver. The e60 is a great car. I highly recommend it. It is a joy to own and drive.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:09 AM
Contributors

I love my mystic blue!

Specially with grey interior
Attached Thumbnails Exterior Interior combination-dsc00174.jpg  
Old 10-02-2004, 09:12 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='Oct 1 2004, 02:21 PM
Welcome!

I have no trouble keeping mystic blue clean ... I've only washed/waxed my car I think 3 times since getting it in February with a weekly Zaino Z6 wipe down and weekly or bi-weekly rim cleaning. Infact, I just finished doing that right now.

Depends on you .. the brighter colors definitly stand out. The beige interior would go well with either blue or gray so the choice is yours!
[snapback]40205[/snapback]
Can you post a picture of your mystic blue? what is your interior color?

thanks
Old 10-02-2004, 12:10 PM
Members

Thank you all for the warm welcome (Gr??e an Dich, Eismann) !!

Honestly said, I thought the majority of the replies would be clearly against Ti Silver with beige.. Your answers don?t make it easier for me
If my memory serves me right there has been talk about Mystic Blue not looking good when the sun is shining bright. Or the dealer wanted to show the customer the car in sunshine before ordering.Luckily, I saw it under such conditions and fell in love.. it?s just the dirt that makes be a bit cautious. Puh, it?s going to be a really tough decision.

Lol..Not to sound too spiritual, but I have seen myself in a dream, driving a Mystic Blue / beige e60.. it felt sooo good this could/should influence my decision

@530E60NL your car really is a real beauty and the ext. color was one of my early favorites. If it wasn?t for Ti Silver it would be a close race between this silver and Mystic.

I will keep the car for about 6 to 7 years. By the time I sell the car there will be about 200000 km on the odometer. I hope I can keep the interior clean during that period! What do you think? ...if I thorougly clean it and put a lot of effort in it? Will beige be the right choice? I?m not as lazy as gomac
Instead of playing in my team, always cleaning my car. That?s a fine lookout..
Old 10-02-2004, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by amigo525' date='Oct 2 2004, 01:12 PM
[quote name='Lomag' date='Oct 1 2004, 02:21 PM']Welcome!

I have no trouble keeping mystic blue clean ... I've only washed/waxed my car I think 3 times since getting it in February with a weekly Zaino Z6 wipe down and weekly or bi-weekly rim cleaning. Infact, I just finished doing that right now.

Depends on you .. the brighter colors definitly stand out. The beige interior would go well with either blue or gray so the choice is yours!
[snapback]40205[/snapback]
Can you post a picture of your mystic blue? what is your interior color?

thanks
[snapback]40524[/snapback]
[/quote]
Lomag's exterior can be seen in the first three pics here and his interior is here.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bjoern' date='Oct 1 2004, 01:31 PM
The two colors I like the most are definitely Titanium Silver and, now that I saw it yesterday in real life, Mystic Blue which at first I didn?t like that much from the pics. The problem is, I love the Beige Dakota Leather which I think goes wonderful with Mystic Blue, but the exterior color I like a bit more of the two is Titanium Silver, because I think it?s easier to keep it looking shiny and clean.
[snapback]40189[/snapback]
I can provide some good links to Mystic Blue, in hopes that this will help. I also love the Earth (CreamBeige) and Sky (Mystic Blue) color scheme. I liked Ti silver and Black interior as very sporty, but too flashy (can you say, "Bling bling?!) for my taste.

Here are some Mystic Blue pix that I recentply posted:
http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e63/5466207-1.html

and a link to some others and discussion on this topic:
http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e63/5692421-1.html

Robert
Old 10-02-2004, 12:58 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bjoern' date='Oct 2 2004, 02:10 PM
I hope I can keep the interior clean during that period! What do you think?? ...if I thorougly clean it and put a lot of effort in it? Will beige be the right choice?
[snapback]40571[/snapback]
I think that the CreamBeige interior is extremely luxurious, cool and serene. I was worried that it would be too white/light colored, but once I got it I was very happy. BTW, there is an exclelent 360-degree view of the interior in CreamBeige at the bmwusa.com web site, under Gallery.

I suspect that the leather should look great with good care. I had a good experience with my last car that I' enjoyed for 7 years and 200,000 km, and it had a similar, Sand colored leather (1996 E36 328is Coupe).

Note: There have been some problems with the Exclusive Pearl CreamBeige leather (color wiping off)
Old 10-02-2004, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Bjoern,

530E60NL, FlowerFred, Spec33, cwoarmy, Kgerka, UltraPlanet and myself will meet next Saturady. You can check out the cars at this meet if you want...
Hopefully we will have two E61's there too and who knows, mabe a 1series or a 6series shows up (you never know what my sales rep will drive this day)...

Quick Reply: Exterior Interior combination