E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An experiment..

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

I drive alone quite often and now and again, when going over slightly uneven roads, i look over at the front passenger seat and of course its vibrating abit..

So i take my whole palm and i give the passenger seat a whack in the middle dead centre between the headrest and the part where the back of the seat meets the bottom.

So when i give it a whack and immediatly lift my hand, the seat back continues to move abit still from the aftershock of my giving it a whack and in the process makes a thacka thacka thacka kinda sound richocheting from each ending.

But this doesnt happen on my drivers seat... I wonder if anyone else has this problem?

Thanks alot for the responses in advance..
Old 04-30-2006, 10:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

I also drive 80% alone.

The drivers seat rattles whilst driving in the city on brick stone streets.

Even the suspension seems to work nicer with my girlfriend (some 60 kg or
120 pounds) sitting beside me.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

I can totaly confirm.... the more people in the cabin and luggage in the trunk the car feels much more solid and quiet....
I drive alone most of the time so I can confirm on the pass seat back support part vibrating on uneven road...
Even the whole car feels like an empty can, but again, when people inside it is more solid and feels more heavy duty
Old 04-30-2006, 10:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='276148' date='Apr 30 2006, 08:30 PM
Even the whole car feels like an empty can, but again, when people inside it is more solid and feels more heavy duty
I always think about if I had beaten that A6 4.2 on autobahn without my family and luggage.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Members

Hehe... so i can assume im not alone in my car creaking/rattling like a wooden boat when im driving alone right?

THanks a bunch for the responses guys...

Btw, someone posted something about talcum powder on the window seals.. Im not sure if its my imagination but i gave it a whip and i think it works...
Old 05-01-2006, 01:01 AM
Members

My Ride: 525, Dec 2003, Silver Grey, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, Satnav, 18'' Runflats, Sunroof, Folding mirrors, Automatic

I can totally confirm what you say, when my wife & kids are in the car it dosn't rattle at all, when i'm alone it is worse than a 1970's ford, it is not just the noise the kids make drowning out the ambient sound! Whenever I complain, they think it is my imagination!. I'm hoping that imminent change to proper pneumatic tyres ( from solid Dunlop runflats ) alleviate the problem. If not, then i'm sorry to say but it will be goodbye E60 ( & BMW ).
Old 05-01-2006, 01:17 AM
Members

Edit: Wasn't me... Someone used my computer, sorry
Old 05-01-2006, 01:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kbkl' post='276377' date='May 1 2006, 04:17 AM
Shut up and dance... you BIG BALLED FUCK!!!

whoaa..what is the problem here ? this is peace community my friend
Old 05-01-2006, 03:18 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='276148' date='Apr 30 2006, 01:30 PM
I can totaly confirm.... the more people and luggage in the trunk the car feels much more solid and quiet....
I drive alone most of the time so I can confirm on the pass seat back support part vibrating on uneven road...

Are you in the mafia? LOL
Old 05-01-2006, 06:00 AM
Members

My Ride: Titanium Silver 2004 525i, style 116 alloys,

I agree, with the extra weight it even seems to corner better.

Also leather conditioner on the door seals works quite well too