E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Excessive brake noise and visit to dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Fully Loaded Monaco Blue 550i Sport

Well i got my car out the dealer 2 days ago... took it in for excessive brake noise.

Long story short... i come pick up my car and notice a little scuff mark on my front bumper though they did offer to respray the whole bumper i will be out of a car for 2-3 days.

As far as brakes go... well after them changing front and rear pads and sensors the noise became worse and louder.
I gave the brakes a chance for 2 days and the noise doesn't stop so im going back to the dealer tomorrow along with a new problem... weird semi loud squeeking noise occurs when i turn left while the car is moving

Im getting very frustrated with this car at this point... i don't believe its normal for a $70k car to have noise coming from the brakes and i hate having to keep going back and forth to the dealer and not getting a loaner car.

So who else is having issues with their brakes and what have the dealer done to fix it?
Old 10-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '04 Jet Black Once upon a time it had chrome wheels... 'til i joined this forum :)

The stealers fixed my brakes over the weekend (excessive squeeking). They fixed it, but now the annoyance is back. Will have to bring it in again!
Old 10-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E90 330i + E60 550i

welcome to the club, my bmw's have given me the most grief and spent the most amount of time in the shop out of any lux german manuf. ive owned (audi, mb, porsche). No huge problems, just little things that get under your skin.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 550i jet black, Loaded
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N62B48

I have the same problem with my brakes and I took it in for inspection couple months ago. My dealer said they replaced some parts and should be fine. Til this day, my brake still making that high pitch weird noise but I do notice it doesn't make as much noise or often as before, but still annoying tho
Old 10-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Members

After multiple times back and forth with the dealer and showing them the service bulletin (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=23492) about squeaky brakes at low speeds, they have finally decided to give me all new rotors, pads and sensors. The parts will be here this week and I have an appointment with them next Monday.

I dont know what else can be done if the squeak comes back. I only have until November 29th before my 4 year warranty goes out
Old 10-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Members

This is just unacceptable... im going to go back to the dealer for this problem tomorow
I guess they have to change all the rotors along with pads and sensors and if that doesn't fix the problem then i guess i will be giving BMWNA a call and having them buy my car back... i know i sound anal but there is no way i can have a $70k car squeeking like a taxi cab.

Is this brake issue only on the pre-LCI e60s or all e60s including the M5?
Old 10-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by NY550i' post='477696' date='Oct 3 2007, 10:24 PM
This is just unacceptable... im going to go back to the dealer for this problem tomorow
I guess they have to change all the rotors along with pads and sensors and if that doesn't fix the problem then i guess i will be giving BMWNA a call and having them buy my car back... i know i sound anal but there is no way i can have a $70k car squeeking like a taxi cab.

Is this brake issue only on the pre-LCI e60s or all e60s including the M5?
D - Raise bloody hell! Maybe they'll throw in a Dinan CF front strut brace for your troubles . Can't wait to see pix of the car with the new mods.

Sorry to hear about your brakes. That sucks, but it seems that there's always something wrong at one point or another with these cars. If they weren't so fun to drive, I'd be looking at other manufacturers.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:37 AM
Members

2 days at the dealer... installed new pads and sensors,they chammefered them and the brakes are still making noise.
Guess i have to call BMWNA... i just can't take this shit!

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='477703' date='Oct 3 2007, 10:39 PM
D - Raise bloody hell! Maybe they'll throw in a Dinan CF front strut brace for your troubles . Can't wait to see pix of the car with the new mods.

Sorry to hear about your brakes. That sucks, but it seems that there's always something wrong at one point or another with these cars. If they weren't so fun to drive, I'd be looking at other manufacturers.
No Dinan CF strut bar but they did throw in black floor mats because i complained about the dakotas ones getting dirty really quick.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Members

My Ride: 530D SPORT MEDIA PACKAGE, SITTING ON 19'S

hey chaps,

i had that exact same problem like a stone stuck in between the calpiers screeching on the disk, well when i first took it into my dealer the nosie had vanished i thought i was imagining it but it came back louder and stayed on till i got to the dealer fortunatley my dealer is very good to me whenever i have a problem they come rushing out nothing to do with the fact i have purchased 6 bmw from them anyway he heard the nosie and he was like we need to get the wheel and brakes of including calipers as he thought there was a stone stuck in there which was grinding against the disk but 1 hour later he came back brought my car back to me and said behind the caliper was rust we scraped that off and walla laaaa no more noise and that was 4 weeks ago and it hasnt returned. when questioning him about the rust he said all e60's were prone to that he didnt no why.

anyway i hope this helps.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by raleigh29' post='477567' date='Oct 3 2007, 03:54 PM
After multiple times back and forth with the dealer and showing them the service bulletin (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=23492) about squeaky brakes at low speeds, they have finally decided to give me all new rotors, pads and sensors. The parts will be here this week and I have an appointment with them next Monday.

I dont know what else can be done if the squeak comes back. I only have until November 29th before my 4 year warranty goes out
Well I got all 4 rotors pads and sensors installed yesterday. All is good right now. Just bitch enough and show them the service bulletin and they will eventually give you all new brakes.

Quick Reply: Excessive brake noise and visit to dealer...