E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Engine problems with LCI 525iA

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 08:21 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Hello,

My LCI 525iA E60 got a new high pressure petrol pump and injectors about 2000kms ago. Since that I have, every now and then, found out that when standing still in traffic lihtgs the idling goes wild for a second or two. I also feel that sometimes the engine power is uneven for some seconds when driving without accelerating. I believe this is the same phenomenon as when idling goes wild. The pump was changed due to failure and the injectors some weeks later because of a factory action. Before injectors change the engine was completely ok- except pump failure. My dealer has not been able to define what is wrong. They have searched the factory database without results. Does anyone in the forum have experience of this kind of a problem? The car has only 7000 km's behind it.

Best regards,

Jukka
Old 03-03-2008, 07:36 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line
Smile

Originally Posted by TitangrauII530iA' post='532091' date='Feb 16 2008, 07:21 PM
Hello,

My LCI 525iA E60 got a new high pressure petrol pump and injectors about 2000kms ago. Since that I have, every now and then, found out that when standing still in traffic lihtgs the idling goes wild for a second or two. I also feel that sometimes the engine power is uneven for some seconds when driving without accelerating. I believe this is the same phenomenon as when idling goes wild. The pump was changed due to failure and the injectors some weeks later because of a factory action. Before injectors change the engine was completely ok- except pump failure. My dealer has not been able to define what is wrong. They have searched the factory database without results. Does anyone in the forum have experience of this kind of a problem? The car has only 7000 km's behind it.

Best regards,

Jukka
Hello again,

The car was in today - new DME software was loaded and -surprise: two injectors need to be replaced again, additionally all six sparking plugs need to be replaced. They told me that there is once again a new spare part code for the injectors and a new DME software should be available on 12 March. The car is going in again on 12 March. After my request they decided to change all six injectors. It seems to me that BMW has not been able to solve the injector issue yet.

The car has 7200 km's in tacho and it has already spent two weeks in service... What to do? I can't rely on it any more.

BR

Jukka