E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Electrical Problems GURU"S please chime in

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: ' 05 545i 6 on the Floor

Guru's can you please chime in and help a Noob! i have a 2005 545i 6speed with about 57k...recently i have been experienceing some real bad electrical problems
1.Dynamic Drive Malfunction
2.Control Systems
3.Power Window Anti-Trap Function
4.Flat Tire Moderator Malfunction
5.Check battery Terminals.
and one more but i forgot

but i went to get it checked out by a K&K Auto in L.I and they put the computer on it and say i getting OVER VOLTAGE readings saying that i have to change my alternator which with my discount and his labor my JOB will cost me $900 im saying if anybody else has had this problem please chime in...i did some research and say some did have to change this and once i told him the problem and told him the screen GOES BLACK he already knew...real smart guy and knows his BMW's thats all he works on but i just want to know what you guys can tell me...if you can please email me at (SOUTHSIDETILIDIE@aol.com) because of school im not on here but if you email me i will get it on my phone...and i would like to thank you guys inadvance for any help going to be put into this topic.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:15 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530d Remapped 292BHP

I get lots of little errors when the temp drops below 0c, ABS, Gearbox, DTC, TPS and some on. just let it tick over for 10 min in the morning then restart and most of the faults have gone.

Probably not the same fault, just a thought.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by problemchild1one
Guru's can you please chime in and help a Noob! i have a 2005 545i 6speed with about 57k...recently i have been experiencing some real bad electrical problems
but i went to get it checked out by a K&K Auto in L.I and they put the computer on it and say i getting OVER VOLTAGE readings saying that i have to change my alternator which with my discount and his labor my JOB will cost me $900 im saying if anybody else has had this problem please chime in...i did some research and say some did have to change this and once i told him the problem and told him the screen GOES BLACK he already knew...real smart guy and knows his BMW's thats all he works on but i just want to know what you guys can tell me...if you can please email me at (SOUTHSIDETILIDIE@aol.com) because of school im not on here but if you email me i will get it on my phone...and i would like to thank you guys inadvance for any help going to be put into this topic.
Do the alternators in our cars have built-in and replaceable regulators? I can't see replacing the entire alternator if it's a component that is causing the problem.