E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric Rear Sunshade

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if this feature is factory installed only or can they install it at the dealer as well? And how much will it cost?
Old 05-27-2004, 12:23 PM

hi matrix,
i believe the electric rear sun shades is a factory installed item, as the control panel on the driver's side door is different. i love those sunshades, be amazed by their swift and silent action.
from your other post on taking delivery, i am adding a few of my own experiences for your reference.

CHECK:
my car has 5k on it when i first saw it on the delivery floor.
the idrive panel was in german when it first fire up.
programme seat memory,steering wheel and mirrors for both positions (1&2) before you leave.
since you have NAV and voice control, ask for a demonstration and verify latest s/w update.
bmw assist initial setup took me 2 days as connection did not get through due to weather/location.
tires properly installed in its rotation direction and any rim rashes.
open the hood and close it, same with the trunk.

BRING:
shades, a fancy pen for the car (to be placed inside the leather folder), a music CD and wear new shoes.
an A10 envelope for ownership/insurance to be placed inside the leather folder to be kept in the car.
a camera and fire away.

BUY:
BMW umbrella, trunk net on the spot and ask for special discounts (get it over with on day 1).

i like the single leather key flops much better than the metal bmw key chain.
what exactly is the beauty spacer for the licence plate? mine has the transparent cover on it and i think they are are lovely.
admire the 4 circles of the angle eyes.
meet at least one service advisor personally, complete with introduction and handshake.
TAKE YOUR TIME.
enjoy and best of luck!
rollee

*ps. drive by miss mercedes, checkmate!
i did that to downtown mercedes.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Senior Members

oops that was me, forgot to log in. rollee
Old 05-27-2004, 12:29 PM
Contributors

5K.........??????

I'm sure you mean 5km, not 5000 miles!

enjoy!

DD
Old 05-27-2004, 12:44 PM
Senior Members

fancy leather case?
pardon?

anyone in the UK have a fancy leather case?
Old 05-27-2004, 12:52 PM
Members

Hey Rollee, thanks for your checklist, ill make sure i check out all the things you mentioned. As for the Electric Rear Sunshade, i had totally forgotton about it when i visited bmw on tuesday to checkitout in the car, and then noticed on the receipt that the option wasnt listed, but im sure i ordered it within the 1 week time they gave me to make any changes after i placed the order. Really hoping that the saleperson did not screw up the order.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:53 PM
Contributors

Real simulated leather-look pvc I think you'll find
Old 05-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Members

My wife got the power shade on hers. Its pretty nifty in use. By strategic parking and raising the shades you can keep the interior quite a bit cooler when parked outdoors. The kids often raise their side shades to keep the sun off of them but then of course forget to close them. This can be a little annoying since they do slightly occlude your view. The rear shade also looks a little flimsy and I have some reservations about it longevity down the road. Another thing to set in idrive before leaving is the seat/key memory. Select door locks and then the option to remember seat position either when door is unlocked or opened. This is key specific so you will have to do it for both operators after they have settled in with their specific key.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:48 PM
Senior Members

matrix hope your sun shades are there.
DD 5km i mean, my lingo not too good @times.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I've had shades on three 5-series cars and I never put them down. They really don't obscure your vision once you get accustomed to them.

Once in a while, if I have passengers in the rear, I'll put down the side shades but usually, they're up all the time.

Quick Reply: Electric Rear Sunshade