E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

e60 Trunk Flap

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013 | 12:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2012 535i X-driveSpace Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline Anthracite Trim; Executive Package (Rear View, Lumbar, Nav, Voice, SIRIUS, HiFi Pro) Technology Package (Hi Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Blind Spot Detection, Surround View) BMW Apps (Apps, Smart Pho
Model Year: 2012

Originally Posted by CaseyLou
That would make sense, I wish I would have taken a picture of mine, unfortunately now I can't for a couple weeks as I'm out in the Gulf. It is literally just a carpeted flap, which opens towards the rear of the car (hinge is vertical). Upon opening it, it is recessed enough for the flap itself to lay flush when closed, but otherwise, no pocket or room to store anything. As I mentioned somewhere above, it is carpeted under the flap as well.

I wonder if someone forgot to cut it out and add the box behind mine...crazy
The carpeted flap you describe is exactly what mine has. As I said it was removed for body work. The black box is empty.
I do know some cars have the box and some don't. Maybe BMW just has one carpeted interior that they use on all models.
Old 04-22-2013 | 01:12 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 535i M-Sport

The info you have on the "valet" key and "spare" key is a little off, at least according to my owner's manual.

The "valet" mode is activated by removing the integrated key from the fob. With the fob, the valet can operate your car, but will be unable to open the glove box & trunk (if locked). To my knowledge there is no rev limit engaged.

The little plastic key serves as a way to unlock the car if for some reason the actual key/fob isn't working (e.g. dead battery in fob, lost fob). You then combine the plastic spare key with the plastic fob in the glove box to start the car.

Small difference, but maybe it will help.