E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

e60 Time Machine

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking back on my ownership of my e60, I've owned it for almost 15 months and covered about 18,000 miles.

Why does it feel as though I've only had it two months?

Also when I ordered my e60, the 6 weeks I spent waiting for it seemed like 6 months.

Anyone else experienced the e60 "Time Machine"?

ABC
Old 07-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

you just gotta love your e60, every time you get in and drive you just bring it to life, like its new again with its reliability. id say just keep on enjoying it
Old 07-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Fact is that time seam to fly when happy and crawls when bored or waiting for something/-one

Funny thing is that you don't even have to have a "engine" in your E60 to enjoy it.
My second E60 will have its 2nd birthday next week and it's still as new (18,500 kms).

Time also flyes both when getting older and driving happily a timeless car.
No wonder the BMW Bangle Design Group won the admired Red Dot price a month ago.

Personally I'm mentally 27 yoa (partly thanks to the car and this Forum) but in fact a couple of decades older.
But I don't look into any mirrows anymore, except driving my car.
I even do shave be the feel...
Old 07-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Don't underestimate the role that this forum has when it comes to making the ownership experience that much better and the time flying by that much quicker!
Old 07-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='442598' date='Jul 2 2007, 09:42 PM
Don't underestimate the role that this forum has when it comes to making the ownership experience that much better and the time flying by that much quicker!
So true

Chatting here saves gas and CO2 outlets also
Old 07-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='442411' date='Jul 2 2007, 08:35 AM
Looking back on my ownership of my e60, I've owned it for almost 15 months and covered about 18,000 miles.

Why does it feel as though I've only had it two months?

Also when I ordered my e60, the 6 weeks I spent waiting for it seemed like 6 months.

Anyone else experienced the e60 "Time Machine"?

ABC
I experienced the "time machine feeling" in a different way when I stepped into my car last week, then blinked with my eyes a couple of times and there I was in Stuttgart/Sindelfingen, 600km away from home. I vaguely remember seeing a bit of Autobahn, but when I compared departure & arrival time there is only one conclusion: The E60 is a time machine!

By the way, I took a tour at the Mercedes customer center in their S-class production line. I'm not a Mercedes fan, but I was really impressed by the very nice factory tour where you can walk around amidst hundreds of S-classes being built up from scratch (for 98% automatically). Recommended! I did the same tour at VW in Autostadt, also nice but definitely not as good as Sindelfingen.

I wonder, is it possible to do a factory tour for BMW? If so, for which model?
Old 07-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by timewa' post='442641' date='Jul 2 2007, 10:51 PM
I wonder, is it possible to do a factory tour for BMW?
http://www.bmw-welt.com/
Old 07-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by timewa' post='442641' date='Jul 2 2007, 03:51 PM
By the way, I took a tour at the Mercedes customer center in their S-class production line. I'm not a Mercedes fan, but I was really impressed by the very nice factory tour where you can walk around amidst hundreds of S-classes being built up from scratch (for 98% automatically). Recommended! I did the same tour at VW in Autostadt, also nice but definitely not as good as Sindelfingen.

I wonder, is it possible to do a factory tour for BMW? If so, for which model?
I did the Sindelfingen tour over 20 years ago and it was really nice. Just to get a reality check, a month or so after I returned to the US, I took a tour of the General Motors plant in Lordstown, Ohio. It was then that I realized why American cars sucked so badly -- especially back in the mid-eighties!

I was able to tour the Spartanburg, South Carolina plant a little over three years ago during my visit to the BMW Performance Center. Clearly, it was a great tour and more comparable to the M-B plant in terms of quality... :thumbusp:
Old 07-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='442684' date='Jul 3 2007, 12:26 AM
I did the Sindelfingen tour over 20 years ago and it was really nice.
28 years ago I did visit a town in MI, US called Cadillac.
Close by was also some MoPar named towns.

Seems that other US States do better now as auto cities than the ol' MoTown then.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 2011 535i

I understand what everyone is talking about....I got my '06 530i in october of 2005 and it is already July of 2007....three months untill i hit the 2 year mark. After that all I have is one year left and I am done with E60 ownership as wife would like something a bit smaller ...such as a E90 335i (the E90 should have its facelift by then).

Quick Reply: e60 Time Machine