E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiasu King' post='470631' date='Sep 18 2007, 04:26 PM
tategoi, old friend, I think the car is telling u it is time to retire. I installed the sprint booster and it makes my E60 520i comes alive. Very tempted to replace it with the E92 coupe. Still thinking about it.
Haha, your solution is simple but not cheap leh .... And if you are open to modding, you should go try BVO Bernard's 520, it has a flash software upgrade and was so perky despite the 20" shoes.

Well, I am not keen of getting another beemer, althought the E92 is a gem, the 335 especially. I am quite impressed with the new C-Class though. Last week I was in Germany attending the Frankfurt Motor Show, and I managed to get a 3-weeks-old C220D as a rental car. Wow, the 400NM torque was just so yummy. I test-drove the C200K yesterday, not as torquey, but the grins index was not very far off. Tempting, but not thinking about it. Maybe another 2 years.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:55 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

hey guys... nice that you guys check in once in every while....

335i is nice.... i was going so fast during the test drive.. my better half think i am too dangerous in it..... like it a lot but damn..the practical side sucks.
seriously i am having hard time looking for replacement for the current tired 530i ... other than going back to LCI. Anybody know when F10 is due? 2010?

now i have a set of new ps2 and brake disks and pads... time to hit the NS again... when guys? when? hehehe!
Old 09-24-2007, 03:05 AM
Senior Members

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!
K guys...an update.
KK, yes, I am at Springside. This place is BMW territory. Every other home has one in the driveway or parked outside.....I am impressed!!!
I have ordered a 4.8Li X5 to be built in Oct n maybe delivered end Dec or early Jan.
Also ordered a 335i but told PML this one can wait....no hurry since we got the GTI around for now.
Thinking of selling both the 545 and M6 real soon. Can someone recommend me the best way of getting this done?
Old 09-24-2007, 03:27 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='473511' date='Sep 24 2007, 07:05 PM
ITS ALIVE!!!!!!
K guys...an update.
KK, yes, I am at Springside. This place is BMW territory. Every other home has one in the driveway or parked outside.....I am impressed!!!
I have ordered a 4.8Li X5 to be built in Oct n maybe delivered end Dec or early Jan.
Also ordered a 335i but told PML this one can wait....no hurry since we got the GTI around for now.
Thinking of selling both the 545 and M6 real soon. Can someone recommend me the best way of getting this done?

Ed,
The X5 4.8L is a beast. Had a run on it yesterday- very planted and insulated cabin. However i find the V8 roar a bit uninspiring (metalic can sounding roar?!) so far the 335i sound the best. hehehe!

One thing for sure BMW has improved the gear box for the newer car. it is more responsive.. still we need our good buddy Rob to open up the rpm on the higher end.

cheers
Old 09-24-2007, 05:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='473515' date='Sep 24 2007, 07:27 PM
Ed,
The X5 4.8L is a beast. Had a run on it yesterday- very planted and insulated cabin. However i find the V8 roar a bit uninspiring (metalic can sounding roar?!) so far the 335i sound the best. hehehe!

One thing for sure BMW has improved the gear box for the newer car. it is more responsive.. still we need our good buddy Rob to open up the rpm on the higher end.

cheers
LMK, ZIG, YANKEE, BUGABOO and I had a go at the 4.8 and 3.0 on Sat. The 4.8 surely is the only way to go. Unfortunately ZIG had a terrible experience. The interior panel covering the C pillar dropped on him ....he was so shocked, he just sat there holding it....hahahahahaha. Interior build quality is something that BMW is sorely lacking right now. I tried sitting myself at the third row thru 2 test drives and although there was insufficient space for long distance comfort, I feel that travelling within Singapore itself is alright for 2 adults in the rear.

If I recall, Rob did mention something about not wasting his time on the X5......lets wait and see......
Old 09-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 520i

any of you guys happened to be wanting to sell any exhaust for E60? i looking for 2nd hand exhaust for my car... preferably supersprint or remus
Old 09-30-2007, 01:07 AM
Members

Hi Ed, I have been circling around Springside these few days. Thinking of buying a property at Springside Ave (those that are being built and along your row of houses). I have been trying to find out what is behind the houses. Is there a drain there or is it just trees? Price has been climbing steadily and now, sellers asking close to $2m. How it is like staying at the estate? Thanks for your feedback.

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='473511' date='Sep 24 2007, 05:05 AM
ITS ALIVE!!!!!!
K guys...an update.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Kiasu King' post='476028' date='Sep 30 2007, 05:07 PM
Hi Ed, I have been circling around Springside these few days. Thinking of buying a property at Springside Ave (those that are being built and along your row of houses). I have been trying to find out what is behind the houses. Is there a drain there or is it just trees? Price has been climbing steadily and now, sellers asking close to $2m. How it is like staying at the estate? Thanks for your feedback.
Hi KK.

There is a huge drain going thru the two show houses, but you need not worry...it is covered fully. The drain continues perpendicular thru the rear and there will be new houses to the left (if you are facing the houses) along the drain. If you are on the right side of the drain, there is just plain grass and trees. I would consider the new launch if I were you because it has not been plain sailing for us. We have all had snakes come in from the forest and sometimes even centipedes. I even spotted a 2 meter long cobra at the rear of my home - barely 2 meters from my fence. I didn't know it was a cobra until I sprayed water onto it, and lo and behold....it stood up and said hello, good morning....had the fright of my life. My boys caught 3 small pythons ( about 1 - 2 ft long) and I killed 2 centipedes - those poisonous ones - about 8 - 10 inches long.

We planted trees n some flowering plants on the land just behind our fences....almost 1/2 of the residents here do that..........but MINDEF came around and dug them all up. Seems they are using our (TAXPAYERS) money to fight us since there is no war to fight........

If you don't mind all of the above, talk to me; I will sell my home at the right price...........
Old 10-02-2007, 04:15 AM
Members

Hi Ed,

Many thanks for your feedback. Quite like the estate and the idea of being your neighbour to admire all your awesome cars but look like have to give it a miss given the issue you highlighted. The latest launch (Phase 10) has poor layout. Was interested in Phase 9 (those currently under construction along your row of houses). A big headache looking for property.

Ok, back to E60 discussion. I really like my E60.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Kiasu King' post='476807' date='Oct 2 2007, 08:15 PM
Was interested in Phase 9 (those currently under construction along your row of houses). A big headache looking for property.

Ok, back to E60 discussion. I really like my E60.
Hahahaha....I also luv my E60, but its about time to offload. Been driving it for almost 3 years. X5 due end Dec/early Jan

Back to Springside; there is a unit at Springside Ave....162. Its a corner terrace with pool; 4200 sq ft. and its going at 2.3 mil. I am now mulling over whether to buy that unit. It belongs to Phase 9

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans