E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 11:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi 520i, I will send you the pics tonite when I go home.
Old 12-28-2003, 11:16 PM
Senior Members

to be honest i think i wud rather be serviced by a man...all the salesgals i hv met know nutz...i think i know more about the cars i m buying than most of the sales staff in any case.

anyway i already hv my no. plate....SFE 889 E..
Old 12-28-2003, 11:27 PM
Members

Hi 530i, wah, how much you paid for the number? I paid $2k for my number. My sales girl knows quite a lot but I told her I already knew everything there is to know about the E60 when I test drove it. I will horn at you if I spotted your car!
Old 12-28-2003, 11:31 PM
Members

I drove the E60 up the Takashimaya carpark the first time yesterday. Wah lao, almost hit the wall as the car is light and a light touch on the accelerator makes the car surged forward unlike my old E39 which has heavy peddle. So, if you drive into a multistorey carpark, make sure you drive carefully and not drive like you are on the open road.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:33 AM
Senior Members

kiasu....i din pay a lot either...2,005 i bid. all a matter of luck....
Old 12-29-2003, 12:36 AM
Members

Many people have criticized the E60 for its look. While I would not say E60 has the best of looks compared to the Merc E class or Jag S type, I think it is a bit of an exaggeration to say E60 is ugly. My wife was one who thought E60 looked ugly when she first saw it on the internet. And she had at one time insisted that I should buy the Merc E class not only because it looked beautiful but to try out a different make of car since my old car was an E39. But I told her that what is more important for a car is not the look but how the car feels when driven. As I am the one who drive the car most of the time, she let me have my way to buy the E60. Today, after owning the E60 for 3 weeks, my wife actually began to like the look of the E60 although she still feel Merc E class looks nicer. This shows that the look of E60 grows on a person and the more you look at it, the more beautiful it becomes and ugly, it is definitely not. There is also concern that the sophisticated electronic gadgetry might go hay-wire but to me, the most important part of the car is the engine. That the E60 uses the tested 6-cyclinder engine is a big assurance that the car is going to be as reliable as its predecessor in so far as the most important part of the car is concerned. So, those who are hesitant of buying E60 because of concerns about its look or the gadgetry should take heart that many owners of E60 are enjoying their new cars very much. Do not be discourage by what others think to do something that you have wanted to do and act otherwise or you may live to regret. Kiasu King is very kiasu and never buy something that he is not confident of. And Kiasu king did not regret a bit buying the E60 despite criticism of its look and concern that it might give a lot of problems due to the sophisticated electronics. Finally, kiasu king is a happy owner of E60 and enjoys every moment of driving and looking at it.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:42 AM
Members

Hi 530i, wah, S$2005 is cheap for the number 889. I think 888 will cost around S$10,000. A friend of mine bought the number 1 some years back for his Merc and he paid S$30,000. Kiasu king will not pay this kind of money for a number plate.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:59 AM
Senior Members

kiasu...wot u wrote earlier abt the car is very true...personally i think the E-class does look better...but i think i m soon gonna call it dated. even the 3-series is looking dated now. i hv tried the e-class 3 times...n everytime i find it more n more ponderous...the e-320 shifting is so much more draggy....it feels like it has a mind of its own...takes more than a second to respond to throttly input when u need to change gear fast.

as for the number plate...its really a mtter of luck. my current car's number is 80...n i paid only 1500k for it....this round i started wif 2k for 90..n i cudnt get it...tried 5 k for 89 precious series also cudnt get...just hv to try early n be patient...comes down to luck. my neighbour paid 6k for number 6....2 yrs ago.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:14 AM
Members

Hi 530i, talking about the E class merc, many people cannot tell the difference between the C class merc and E class. And after driving the E60 for 3 weeks now, the E class no longer look as big to me as before because the E60 is actually bigger and longer. But the E class does seem to have more leg room in the rear and has nicer dashboard materials. Agree with you the engine lag when peddler is pressed. That has always been a problem for the E class with small engine. Even the turbo charged kompressor engine did not really help although it is a big leap compared to the earlier E class with 135 horse power. A turbo charged 163 horse power E class engine with 18 valves can never be compared to a 170 horse power naturally expirated E60 engine with 2 valves. that's why the E60 is a lot more creamy and smooth and responsive than the E class engine.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:16 AM
Members

Correction - the 2 valves for E60 engine should read 24 valves.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans