E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 02:13 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes.. sorry.. 9-3. Probably i lead cos his is heavier. Definitely its not aero.. else i would have been eaten
alive.. aeros are fast mean machines...
Edlee Jnr will eat us including 330, 530, 630 for supper for sure... but not on corners...

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='322402' date='Aug 14 2006, 05:37 PM
Tot Saab Cabrios are 9-3? And the fastest they got are the Aeros? So the morale of the story is EdLee Jr's GTi would eat all of us for supper?
Old 08-14-2006, 04:28 AM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by GuruGreg' post='322394' date='Aug 14 2006, 05:10 PM
I've seen a little black number that I identify to be a Honda Civic Hatch..... its exhaust is LOUD..... and its fast.... but maybe not as fast as a 530........
Its a white car.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:45 AM
Zig
Senior Members

There was another time when I was following a speeding Honda Odyssey along SLE at about 7am on a Sunday. Out of curiousity, I wanted to see how fast it can go. Not too bad, it was at about 180km/hr or faster. Then I saw this tiny bright light on my rear view mirror. I thought it could be a motorcycle but most motorcycles in Singapore don't bother to turn on headlights anyway. Seconds later when I was still thinking, this tiny headlight became quite big. My sixth sense tell me that motorcycles that could catch up with us so quickly is likely to be a TP. I slowed down immediately to 90km/hr. The TP rode to my car's right and turned on his red beacons.

My heart pumped twice as fast but I took the courage to smile and waive my sweaty palms in a friendly manner. He stared at me for a while, shook his head vigourously and then sped off after the Odyssey. Boy it was close... I had sweaty palms and my heart took a quite couple of minutes to slow down after that.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Zig' post='322424' date='Aug 14 2006, 08:45 PM
There was another time when I was following a speeding Honda Odyssey along SLE at about 7am on a Sunday. Out of curiousity, I wanted to see how fast it can go. Not too bad, it was at about 180km/hr or faster. Then I saw this tiny bright light on my rear view mirror. I thought it could be a motorcycle but most motorcycles in Singapore don't bother to turn on headlights anyway. Seconds later when I was still thinking, this tiny headlight became quite bit. My sixth sense tell me that motorcycles that could catch up with us so quickly is likely to be a TP. I slowed down immediately to 90km/hr. The TP rode to my car's right and turned on his red beacons.

My heart pumped twice as fast but I took the courage to smile and waive my sweaty palms in a friendly manner. He stared at me for a while, shook his head vigourously and then sped off after the Odyssey. Boy it was close... I had sweaty palms and my heart took a quite couple of minutes to slow down after that.
What method did you deploy to slow down? I was told that if 2 or more cars were speeding (or racing each other for that matter), if you think you might be chased from afar from TP... the most important thing is to slow down quickly without braking... i.e. not showing your third brake light. That would mean shifting to a lower gear to apply "engine break" (of course you foot should be off the gas pedal)....

So by their "sixth sense" they would go after the guy who seems to brake hard and still look like he is going fast...

Any comments?
Old 08-14-2006, 06:12 AM
Zig
Senior Members

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='322440' date='Aug 14 2006, 10:09 PM
What method did you deploy to slow down? I was told that if 2 or more cars were speeding (or racing each other for that matter), if you think you might be chased from afar from TP... the most important thing is to slow down quickly without braking... i.e. not showing your third brake light. That would mean shifting to a lower gear to apply "engine break" (of course you foot should be off the gas pedal)....

So by their "sixth sense" they would go after the guy who seems to brake hard and still look like he is going fast...

Any comments?
I down-shifted my gears and let engine braking do the job.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:15 AM
lmk
Contributors

i choose to use engine braking.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:41 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by lmk' post='322442' date='Aug 14 2006, 10:15 PM
i choose to use engine braking.
hehehe you guys gotta be kidding right? at 180kph no matter what you do the steptronic won't let you down shift to lower gear for that might rev the engine above red line... just brake lor.
actually the chap i wrote about who got 3 month suspension... he braked hard trying to go below speed limit and for that the TP actually cut him some slack for slowing down the moment he knew he got the radar trained on him.

did u go to the hifi show? man... i got bitten by the bug there. The Magico Mini is amazing at $34K awesome details for a monitor speaker!
I was depressed when i left the Kharma room.. that monster costs a 530i to put in the listening room!
Old 08-14-2006, 04:12 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by zag' post='322495' date='Aug 15 2006, 01:41 AM
hehehe you guys gotta be kidding right? at 180kph no matter what you do the steptronic won't let you down shift to lower gear for that might rev the engine above red line... just brake lor.
actually the chap i wrote about who got 3 month suspension... he braked hard trying to go below speed limit and for that the TP actually cut him some slack for slowing down the moment he knew he got the radar trained on him.

did u go to the hifi show? man... i got bitten by the bug there. The Magico Mini is amazing at $34K awesome details for a monitor speaker!
I was depressed when i left the Kharma room.. that monster costs a 530i to put in the listening room!
hmm..agree on the braking, learn something new.

i went to the show but halfway, the little girl called from home not feeling well got to rush home to pick her to see a doc. But only tummy-ache and whole day gone in Mt E.

damn! did you get it? i would imagine if you are depressed, means it is good man!
i believe you got the Magico then.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:34 PM
Zig
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='322495' date='Aug 15 2006, 01:41 AM
No kidding, think can drop to 5th gear from 6th. When the RPM comes down some more, drop gear again, keeping the RPM near to red line to make full use of the engine drag. I think I was still at about 120km/hr when the TP was just behind me. He followed me for a while before he came beside me. I've slowed down to 90km/hr then.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:07 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Zig' post='322654' date='Aug 15 2006, 11:34 AM
No kidding, think can drop to 5th gear from 6th. When the RPM comes down some more, drop gear again, keeping the RPM near to red line to make full use of the engine drag. I think I was still at about 120km/hr when the TP was just behind me. He followed me for a while before he came beside me. I've slowed down to 90km/hr then.
quite difficult to judge at that speed whether will it cross the red line or not.
for example, 180 at 6th, drop to 5th. 6500rpm, glide down to 140km/h drop to 4th hit the redline.....damn confused man! when to shift huh? without touching the brakes and at the same time do not wish the police knows that i am speeding.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans