E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 04:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zag' date='Aug 26 2005, 12:03 AM
toto, olivin and the rest... e60 show force hor this sunday.
Pushing some programmes away and will try to make it there by 4.00pm
Old 08-27-2005, 01:26 AM
Members

Hi all,

I am not a BM owner but I would like to find out more about E60. I have been reading this forum for quite a few days to catch up with it. It has been very informative.

I have a few question and hope that you all can help out.

1) Does all the problem mention in this forum have been fixed already ? Is there any other major safety problem like sudden engine stalling ?

2) How often do you actually send your car for servicing ? As I was reading, seems like most of you send in your car to service quite regularly ? As I need to drive to Malaysia on a daily basis, the car need to be "really" reliable. I clock about 150-200km per day.

3) On average how much does it cost to service the car eg. oil, air filter change and how long does it take to service ?

Thanks

cheers
Old 08-27-2005, 03:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by cheval' date='Aug 27 2005, 05:26 PM
Hi all,

I am not a BM owner but I would like to find out more about E60. I have been reading this forum for quite a few days to catch up with it. It has been very informative.

1) Does all the problem mention in this forum have been fixed already ? Is there any other major safety problem like sudden engine stalling ?

2) How often do you actually send your car for servicing ? As I was reading, seems like most of you send in your car to service quite regularly ? As I need to drive to Malaysia on a daily basis, the car need to be "really" reliable. I clock about 150-200km per day.

3) On average how much does it cost to service the car eg. oil, air filter change and how long does it take to service ?

Thanks

cheers
[snapback]163961[/snapback]

E60 is a piece of art.

Most of the problems such as door creaking noises, warning signals, vibrations, engine hesitation etc can be ironed out at the dealership. Most of the problems that might still be around are the electronics such as bluetooth, software versions etc. They too can be ironed out in due time.

Its a very reliable car. The more you drive it, the better. Especially during long drives. Its made for that kind of road.

On average the car is serviced once every 18k to 20k depending on the way the car is driven. It actually has an oil sensor to measure how fast the oil degrades over time. Other common things to replace are brake pads, A/C filter, brake fluid. Cost for service is only about 300 bucks for the first year, and maybe 600 for the second, taking into consideration of the brakes. If purly replacing oil will set you back to 300 bucks. Other things such as beltings and hoses don't wear out till above 50k. PML will probably take a day for the service.

If you can down the car this month, you'd get a 3 year 60k maintainence programme. You can have a piece of mind on the servicing cost for the next 3 years.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:27 AM
Senior Members

Hi people, its nice to see that E60 had the biggest turn-out in today's GTG, before 5PM that is. But where is lmk and our dear Zag?

Anyway, for the coming Sunday's drive thru' donation, we will meet at the usual Kallang carpark (next to McDonald's) first at 4PM, then convoy together for the drive thru. OK mates?

Hey guys .... <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>e60 show force hor this sunday.</span>

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Aug 23 2005, 08:40 PM
Please note that the location of the EVC-CCF Tulip Hearts Day Drive-Thru Donation has been relocated to Kallang Carpark E (Indoor Stadium).

4.30 PM
Sunday 4th September
Kallang Carpark E?

Lets make this a meaningful GTG.

Go there and buy paper tulips at $2 (if I remember correctly) a stalk. The proceeds will go to the Children's Cancer Foundation. We are blessed with such good cars, lets do our part by giving to the society.
[snapback]162370[/snapback]
Old 08-28-2005, 05:44 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cheval' date='Aug 27 2005, 05:26 PM
Hi all,

Thanks

cheers
[snapback]163961[/snapback]
Most problems are nitty gritty ones, so far I have not encountered major problems yet, touch wood! No car is perfect, there bound to be some little issues, but the car would still be drive-able. You just need increase your tolerance level a little higher, and you will be happy owner. I have experienced engine stalling twice, both times were on the way out of petrol stations after I pumped half-tank. I suspect its due to low fuel pressure. But recently I tried to stall the engine by doing the same, the car did not stall. Someone just told me today PML had upgraded the software and the stalling problwm is now gone.

I had my first servicing at 21,000 Km. It cost me about $200 for oil and filter change. And I have also visited PML twice to rectify some minor issues such as sqeaking seals, interior lighting, windows, airbag warning, software upgrades and some programming issues. I could have done all of them at once. My mileage is now 30,000 Km after 14 months of ownership. Next servicing is due in 10,000 Km.

If you are driving 150-200 Km a day, I am sure you will enjoy the car very much. Just test drove a 523i in the meet-up today, the engine is definitely more refind and smoother than the 520i. power-wise don't know, because I wouldn't want to floor the white car
Old 08-28-2005, 06:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' date='Aug 28 2005, 07:27 AM
But where is lmk and our dear Zag?
Hey guys .... <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>e60 show force hor this sunday.</span>?
Zag, MIA? How could you AWOL today Force was there, but how to show without you?
Old 08-28-2005, 06:37 AM
Senior Members

Bugaboo,

Thanks for showing us your video mod. Very impressive I must say. Now very itchy - looks like this is a must have . Can post more info here please so that we could use this Mopiko?
Old 08-28-2005, 07:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='Aug 28 2005, 10:37 PM
Bugaboo,

Thanks for showing us your video mod.? Very impressive? ? I must say.? Now very itchy - looks like this is a must have .? Can post more info here please so that we could use this Mopiko?
[snapback]164297[/snapback]
Hi olivin,
happy to. the parts you need are

1) aux-in (oem from pml)

2) rgb kit from DomofNavwithtv in this forum.
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=7342
His service has been been good so far. I can call him and so far he has answered my queries, and we ordered 2 units consecutively so far, no issues. Just that US$550 is alot for this unit i feel. His site is http://tvandnav2go.com/
heard from another sg owner that http://www.doseongms.com/ sells the unit for less than US$550. But I never dealt with him.

rgb kit looks like this.

3) any standalone video source.
I use Dvico TVIX c-3000u. This unit is made for cars, it takes in 12V and comes with an extra smaller remote as well as infra red extension, necessary for controlling the unit. (available at memoryworld @ funan S$350 w/o HDD)

Did my install at Hong Guan, so did blackie. So they should know what to do having already done 2 e60 w video.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:02 AM
Senior Members

Bugaboo; is there any way we can install TV mobile instead of the hard disk?

Guys, can we maybe discuss on a group buy next week when we meet?
Old 08-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Members

Hi Olivin530, Tategoi and the rest of E60 SG members, greetings from Calvin aka Fireplace! We met today at Kallang (the guy with my eagerly anticipating E60 order to arrive sometime Dec).

It's been great to meet all of you and would look forward to catching up with you guys again soon.

Thanks Tategoi (I think) for demonstrating the beautiful sound systems set up.

Hey, if you guys hang out to talk E60 or just to network, do give me a buzz. My contact is 96957870. Cheers! and have a great week ahead.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans