E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 02:04 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by Cheech' date='Jan 22 2005, 03:12 AM
Yeterday's newspaper here says, BMW sales was up 20% in Asia, especially in Singapore which
boost almost 1/3. As Edlee says, E60s are really popular over there.
I was reading and interested in this thread talking about the morning trip to Malaysia with a bit
of envy.
Here, I've never done more faster than 130km/h. Speed limit on most Japanese highway is 100.
Speed-exceeding more than 30 km/h is subject to immediate suspension of lisense and the
300,000yen fine. And there are a lot of GT-R cops alnight... <_<
[snapback]81803[/snapback]
Yeah you're right.. the demand for E60 in Spore is really high. But only few get the 545i.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by Cheech' date='Jan 22 2005, 04:12 PM
Yeterday's newspaper here says, BMW sales was up 20% in Asia, especially in Singapore which
I was reading and interested in this thread talking about the morning trip to Malaysia with a bit
of envy.
Here, I've never done more faster than 130km/h. Speed limit on most Japanese highway is 100.
Speed-exceeding more than 30 km/h is subject to immediate suspension of lisense and the
Yep, BMW has won Merc in term of sales recently. And when you throw a stone you'll probably hit a BMW 318i ( no offence guys )
Old 01-22-2005, 02:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 320i, M3 paddle shift, Sat Nav

Originally Posted by Cheech' date='Jan 22 2005, 04:12 PM
of envy.
Yep, BMW has won Merc in term of sales recently. And when you throw a stone you'll probably hit a BMW 318i ( no offence guys )
Old 01-22-2005, 03:29 AM
Senior Members

Wow Russo!!! U a 3 series fan?

Cheech, the speed limit here is not more than 90 km/h. Same over here. Big fines and suspension. Speed limit on Malaysian Highway is something like 110 km/h. However, speed demons from Singapore will tear down their highway regularly at speeds past 200 km/h. Yeah, there are fines to be paid but no suspensions but if you're not careful enough, you might even pay with your life. The reasons why (IMO) many Singaporeans speed in Malaysia is because they can get away very lightly. Sometimes there isn't even a fine to be paid; just grease someone's palm and you're on your way again. In fact the guy you pay will even warn you of where to look out for the next speed trap. It is exactly because of this that many like to speed over there and nothing else.
I personally have encountered a situation like that in my bro-in law's car. It is really so outright; them asking for money.
Frankly, I think the best place to push your ride is at the track but I really haven't tried that yet. Also, the Malaysian tracks are now filled with lots of Singaporeans that (from what I understand) you've gotta book well in advance.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:35 AM
Senior Members

When Pak Lah took over, he banned road blocks along the highway to increase government revenue. I am not sure if the policy still stands today.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:06 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Jan 22 2005, 06:29 AM
Wow Russo!!!? U a 3 series fan?

Cheech, the speed limit here is not more than 90 km/h.? Same over here.? Big fines and suspension.? Speed limit on Malaysian Highway is something like 110 km/h.? However, speed demons from Singapore will tear down their highway regularly at speeds past 200 km/h.? Yeah, there are fines to be paid but no suspensions but if you're not careful enough, you might even pay with your life.? The reasons why (IMO) many Singaporeans speed in Malaysia is because they can get away very lightly.? Sometimes there isn't even a fine to be paid; just grease someone's palm and you're on your way again.? In fact the guy you pay will even warn you of where to look out for the next speed trap.? It is exactly because of this that many like to speed over there and nothing else.
I personally have encountered a situation like that in my bro-in law's car.? It is really so outright; them asking for money.
Frankly, I think the best place to push your ride is at the track but I really haven't tried that yet.? Also, the Malaysian tracks are now filled with lots of Singaporeans that (from what I understand) you've gotta book well in advance.
[snapback]81843[/snapback]
Yeah Edlee, speeding on the NS highway is pretty dangerous, I wouldn't do it unless in a convoy, which is a bit safer since the guy in front warns us via walkie of what's ahead.

I think if one really wants to speed, the best place to do it is still at the track. The Sepang trip really satisfied my lust for speed, at least for the next few months, and I find myself taking it very easy on Singapore roads these days and feel much less of an urge to speed.

eggz
Old 01-22-2005, 08:10 AM
Senior Members

Was at PML last week, they are offering the M sports body kit for the E60. Total price is about $4.4K. This is a special intro price, I think the regular price is over $5K.

Will be placing my order for the Bluetooth retrofit on Monday, might also try and do the Aux input at the same time.

eggz
Old 01-22-2005, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, russo !
Old 01-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, russo !
Old 01-22-2005, 09:27 PM
Members

My Ride:

Malaysian Highway
What do Cops drive on Malaysian Highway?
Wonder if they have enough spec to chase guys cruising at 200km/h...
Heard that Malysian domestic auto is based on the generations-old Mitsubishi.

BMW over Merc.
Understand BMWs are doing fine over Merc in S'pore.
Before 525i, I owned E240 for a year.
The reason why I sold, TOO MUCH TROUBLE, especially those electric feature.
If navigation display goes black, CD/MD, even Radio follow, can't see anything.
525i is OK so far, guess BMWs are a bit better built.
Still, most people choose W211s over E60s in Japan.
Many who are interested in E60s, actually buy Nissan.
Fully equipped FUGA350/450(Infiniti M35/45) are tagged almost half of 530i/545i, repair cost
also cheap.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans