E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 12:20 PM
zag
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by eggz' date='Dec 29 2003, 09:55 AM
Hi Guys,

Anyone has that rattle from the driver (or is it front passenger) door window in the E60? The test drive 530i I tried at PML had it, and it was real annoying.

My 1997 E39 had it also, did they fix it in the later ones? The E46 coupe I've been driving for the last few years has been great no rattles and real quiet for a small car.

I hope they fix it in the E60.

eggz
Looks like they didn't fix the e39 problem.. see my previous posts on this subject!

now all the doors on my e60 creak like hell.. sounded like friction noise to me on certain time of the day and more on hot afternoon. PML supposedly fixed once for me. It is back again...very annoying! Going in PML on Jan 5 for this problem and steering clicking noise!
Old 12-29-2003, 04:14 PM
Members

Hi Zag, my car had the door creaking sound today. Looks like it is a common problem. I am waiting for a few more days to see if it goes away failing which I will contact PML to fix the problem. Agree it is very annoying. Didn't you have the problem fixed recently?
Old 12-29-2003, 05:19 PM
zag
Contributors

Originally Posted by Kiasu King' date='Dec 29 2003, 07:14 PM
Hi Zag, my car had the door creaking sound today. Looks like it is a common problem. I am waiting for a few more days to see if it goes away failing which I will contact PML to fix the problem. Agree it is very annoying. Didn't you have the problem fixed recently?
Yeah! it was back in PML early part of Dec and supposedly have the door linings retrofited with some sorts of material. It was OK for a week but rear right door still creaks... now all four creak!

Sorry to sensitise you on this... however when it first happened to me.. I didn't know what it was and I thot it was the comfort seats due to too many moving parts on them. I said to myself this can't be..my e46 cabin was much quieter on bumpy roads. At PML workshop the CSA immediately recognised it as the door creak problem from e39 days.

By the way one thing i notice on my car on the door latch hooks (these are the ones on the body frame).. they all were not fully aligned to the cross hair marks and I wonder if this is one source of the problem which causes various degrees of tightness the door are held closed. See if yours have the same observations.

will keep you folks posted when I send in my vehicle next week. I am leaving my car there until they fix all the problems.

cheers
Old 12-29-2003, 05:33 PM
520i

Mine doors are still ok. No rattling sound. Probably still early to say so. Maybe I clock 1000Km...then the rattling will surface...

Kiasu...do u find 520 abit underpower??? Especially when moving off from stand still...need to floor the pedal abit more than usual to move the baby.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:46 PM
zag
Contributors

trying to share some pics of my ride....

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/zagatoe/s...60+530i&.src=ph
Old 12-29-2003, 06:16 PM
520i

wow...nice pix...especially at night.

My computer shows 20-22l/100km...how abt you guys? If that is true...i tink the petrol consumption is very high leh.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:17 PM
Members

Hi Zag, nice pics! Did you take the day photo at Seletar reservior? Do you stay at Yio Chu Kang area?

Hi 520i, ya, the pick up a bit underpowered but good enough for Singapore road lah. If you want more power, shift to sport DS mode.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:19 PM
Members

Hi Zag, ok, confirmed you took the day photo at Upper Pierce reservior and not seletar reservior!
Old 12-29-2003, 06:29 PM
zag
Contributors

Originally Posted by Kiasu King' date='Dec 29 2003, 09:19 PM
Hi Zag, ok, confirmed you took the day photo at Upper Pierce reservior and not seletar reservior!
you are spot on on the location! wow you must have frequent this place alot to make it out! i live in upper thomson area across from SICC.

dun forget to flash if you see an SDD plate silver grey e60..hehehe!
btw... these last few days have not been seeing any e60 on the road at all. hm... still pretty rare here hah!?

520i,
my fuel consumption sucks... average 6km per liter. I do a lot of city driving.

post your car pics ler!
Old 12-29-2003, 06:41 PM
Members

Hi Zag, I frequent Upp Pierce and Seletar reserviors on weekends. I stay around the Yio Chu Kang area. I saw two E60 today along Orchard Rd - a black 520i and a SIlver Grey 525i. Agree that E60 still not a common sight. So, it still attracts attention when I drive around city.

By the way, how do you post the pictures? can teach me or not? I will go to Seletar to take pics of my car and post here.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans