E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 Quality Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 12:29 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 535d sport, Silver Grey/grey/maple. 20" Hartge Nova 7. Previously 19" staggered 172s

Good attitude, fingers crossed.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:12 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004, black,530d SE, 124 18" alloys, bluetooth, sat nav,heated seats,active steering,6CD,folding mirrors

Latest update.
Seems like it is all fixed. the whole experience has really made we wonder about the competence of these BMW technicians - they were creating more faults as they tried to fix existing faults!!
As for BMW UK - their attitude to customer care is non existent. If I treated my customers like that - I would have no business left and no money to blow on E60's!!
I just need to wait and hear back from BMW UK now regarding my burnt seat issue. This is a fault never seen before (according to BMW!). I'm curious to see if there may be a recall notice to check the heating elements on the seat base for those cars with heated seats. I know there had been a previous recall for the seat backs.
Anyone with heated seats...my advice is ask your dealer if there have been any reports of the seat base overheating and if they have a way of checking the seat from a safety perspective.
It was not a nice thing to happen and I'm glad it happened on the drives side rather than the passenger side - wouldn't have liked any of my young family to have been injured.

Thanks for all your advice on this one.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:23 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Drew' post='252089' date='Mar 9 2006, 03:12 PM
Latest update.
Seems like it is all fixed. the whole experience has really made we wonder about the competence of these BMW technicians - they were creating more faults as they tried to fix existing faults!!
As for BMW UK - their attitude to customer care is non existent. If I treated my customers like that - I would have no business left and no money to blow on E60's!!
I just need to wait and hear back from BMW UK now regarding my burnt seat issue. This is a fault never seen before (according to BMW!). I'm curious to see if there may be a recall notice to check the heating elements on the seat base for those cars with heated seats. I know there had been a previous recall for the seat backs.
Anyone with heated seats...my advice is ask your dealer if there have been any reports of the seat base overheating and if they have a way of checking the seat from a safety perspective.
It was not a nice thing to happen and I'm glad it happened on the drives side rather than the passenger side - wouldn't have liked any of my young family to have been injured.

Glad to hear that that everything is working - hopefully BMW UK will redeem themselves by investigating the problem with the seat properly to ensure it can't happen to you or anyone else again.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:57 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Originally Posted by Drew' post='252089' date='Mar 9 2006, 03:12 PM
I

Seccond that. Look at my last post in this thread http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=22468

They do not deserve to be in business
Old 03-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Drew' post='252089' date='Mar 9 2006, 05:12 PM

Sorry to hear about your problems, but I'm glad to hear you're now about over it.

I have had zero problems with my new (July '05) E60.

My old '04 E60 did get the factory callback for the seat heaters,
but I had no problem with it.
I just turned off the heat before it got too warm.

But I have read about some injuries about burned seats, jackets and backs.

You should get it fixed, it is not a big deal.