E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 Pre-LCI Headlight Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 12:17 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can some please please confirm which wire to join the extra bulb or resistor to?
What resistor should I use or which is better the bulb ?
If I use a bulb what holds the bulb sorry about all the questions I am struggling with this now.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
Get a bulb holder ... as far as your HID I have no idea then ... it seems you are not using LCI Bi-Xenon as I am.

-to avoid parking light warning error on each headlight:
from pre-LCI AE #1 (lo-beam) --+--> [5w bulb (or resistor)] --> gnd \ hide both
from pre-LCI AE #2 (hi-beam) --+--> [5w bulb (or resistor)] --> gnd / of these

after that pick from either AE (or both) "+" above and wire it to the LCI AE (brown casing).

Are you using LCI Halogen headlight or LCI Xenon headlight? If using Halogen and add HID kit another member done it:
https://5series.net/forums/topic/430...it-on-lci-e60/
U r god sir.....when i grow up i wanna b just like u
Old 01-13-2011, 01:08 AM
Members

Originally Posted by orlovskyy
U r god sir.....when i grow up i wanna b just like u

I have fitted a HID kit to LCI non reflector versions the ones that look like little balls inside think they are called projector?
My HID kit is giving me no errors just the side lights as gone from having 4 to now only having 2
So what would you recommend is the best so as not to join the wrong wire etc lol
Old 09-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Members

Never really noticed until now we followed the guide and when I put my light control to A the lights come on all the time have we wired it correct and this is one of the problems or could one of my wires be the wrong way around please can anyone advise ?
Old 09-15-2011, 12:07 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:24 AM
Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

When I turn the switch onto Auto on this inside of the car on the dash board before I changed the lights over they came on in low light or at night now they come on all the time was wondering what I might have done wrong?
Old 09-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by greenjedi
When I turn the switch onto Auto on this inside of the car on the dash board before I changed the lights over they came on in low light or at night now they come on all the time was wondering what I might have done wrong?
You probably have Daylight Running Lights (DRL) turned on in iDrive. Turn it off and it should be good, I had the same issue recently.
But I have a question also, since I got pre-LCI halogens (replectors) I'd like to get LCI halogens (the ones with projector) but the BMW retrofit kit needs to be run across the car to the taillights also.
How did you manage to do just the headlights? My car is a September 05 so it should be no coding for the LCM according to this thread right?
Old 09-16-2011, 01:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by sd_dracula
You probably have Daylight Running Lights (DRL) turned on in iDrive. Turn it off and it should be good, I had the same issue recently.
But I have a question also, since I got pre-LCI halogens (replectors) I'd like to get LCI halogens (the ones with projector) but the BMW retrofit kit needs to be run across the car to the taillights also.
How did you manage to do just the headlights? My car is a September 05 so it should be no coding for the LCM according to this thread right?

Cheers for the replay I have no daylight running option on my 530d 04 plate i Drive mate it has no option for it as not been updated?
Any other ideas mate?
To fit it we followed the changing of the connection plug to the retro fit kit from BMW it took about 1 hour to complete and no coding.
I do need to get the load resistors as the side light errors come on all the time but again not got round to it.
Someone has said that my light sensor behing the rear view mirror could be faulty?

The kit comes with front and rear loom parts you do not have to connect the front ones to the back if thats you mean as I have not used the rear kit it is still un touched I think that kit is for the changing to LED rear tail lights??
Old 09-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Senior Members

Yes it is possible it is the light sensor that is faulty or it might just be adjusted to be really sensitive to light changes. Try it in a really sunny day (hard to do in Uk and Ireland I know ) if the auto lights are off then it does work. If the sensitivity needs to be adjusted BMW dealer can do it for you (probably for a small fortune) or I'm sure it can be coded by yourself or an indie with the knowhow.
Also how did you get rid of angel eyes errors from LCI lights? Coding or resistor? Seems in the US soldering the AE pins together does the trick but that does not work in Europe?
Old 09-18-2011, 01:59 AM
Members

Hi mate I am going to wire the reisistors in this week as I have got the Angel Eye errors at this moment not heard about the soldering not working in the UK where did you hear that from mate?
I hope it works as it does drive you a little mad after a while but still if not I will not worry too much lol.

Quick Reply: E60 Pre-LCI Headlight Question