E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 Pre-LCI Headlight Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Similar to what you did ... except instead of using LCI Halogen use LCI Xenon and add capacitor and/or error canceler ... do a search on how to retrofit Xenon headlight.

And the result http://forums.5serie...-my-headlights/

Originally Posted by carlito-shisha
how i can upgrade with LCI xénon my pré LCI halogène
Old 08-27-2010, 11:48 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
Similar to what you did ... except instead of using LCI Halogen use LCI Xenon and add capacitor and/or error canceler ... do a search on how to retrofit Xenon headlight.

i want to upgrade halogène pre LCI with halogène LCI.
My angel eye powered with two bulb of 5W, and the halogène LCI powered with H6W 10W what can i do ??
this resistance should be better ?

resistor
Old 08-29-2010, 01:20 PM
Members

up
Old 09-22-2010, 06:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by carlito-shisha
up

I was just wondering if anyone has come up with any ideas as to stop the parking left and right warning messages on my retro fitted lci lights I fitted and it does say front left beam failure until I turn the lights on the that one goes but the others stay there all the time any ideas ?
Old 09-22-2010, 06:25 AM
Members
Senior Members

I don't have any issue whatsoever ... must be somethin' wrong w/ how you wired it.

Use resistor (or bulb & hide it) to supress the parking light warning ... and use the error canceler module for the low beam.

On pre-LCI Halogen there are 2 parking light on each side of the headlight using 5W bulb each that you have to satisfy or the iDrive will complaint.
So either put the 5W bulb bulb & hide it or use resistor and take either one of that to power the new LCI parking light ... in my case since I'm using Bi-Xenon I use relay to give full power brightness to the 35W H8 AE bulb (since OEM use less power so slightly dimmer).

Originally Posted by greenjedi
I was just wondering if anyone has come up with any ideas as to stop the parking left and right warning messages on my retro fitted lci lights I fitted and it does say front left beam failure until I turn the lights on the that one goes but the others stay there all the time any ideas ?
Old 09-22-2010, 06:36 AM
Members

I don't have any issue whatsoever ... must be somethin' wrong w/ how you wired it.

Use resistor (or bulb & hide it) to supress the parking light warning ... and use the error canceler module for the low beam.

On pre-LCI Halogen there are 2 parking light on each side of the headlight using 5W bulb each that you have to satisfy or the iDrive will complaint.
So either put the 5W bulb bulb & hide it or use resistor and take either one of that to power the new LCI parking light ... in my case since I'm using Bi-Xenon I use relay to give full power brightness to the 35W H8 AE bulb (since OEM use less power so slightly dimmer).

I followed the guide posted but where do I get these modules from and how do I hide the buld etc any guides or pics to help please?
Old 09-22-2010, 06:46 AM
Members
Senior Members

Search Ebay for 'HID canceller' for the main beam like in http://forums.5serie...e-lci-halogens/ thread
Just hide it on the side around the headlight under the hood so it won't be visible from the outside ... just like you hide the resistor ... same idea.
The concept is to avoid the error warning on the iDrive ... just use similar care as using resistor as either the bulb or the resistor it will get warm/hot.

I followed the guide posted but where do I get these modules from and how do I hide the buld etc any guides or pics to help please?
Old 09-22-2010, 06:58 AM
Members

Search Ebay for 'HID canceller' for the main beam like in http://forums.5serie...e-lci-halogens/ thread
Just hide it on the side around the headlight under the hood so it won't be visible from the outside ... just like you hide the resistor ... same idea.
The concept is to avoid the error warning on the iDrive ... just use similar care as using resistor as either the bulb or the resistor it will get warm/hot.

So have I got to add another buld etc to make sure there is 2 either side as not got holders now etc sold them with the older lights what could you suggest?
My HID kit are supposed to be error free but still only get the issue until light has been turned on once then all is fine?
The side lights is my main issue to be honest and looking at that guide link is different to the side lights I have the angel eye bulbs that come in the brown casing that can not be replaced with the LED ones as they simply do not fit any ideas?
Old 09-22-2010, 07:35 AM
Members
Senior Members

Get a bulb holder ... as far as your HID I have no idea then ... it seems you are not using LCI Bi-Xenon as I am.

-to avoid parking light warning error on each headlight:
from pre-LCI AE #1 (lo-beam) --+--> [5w bulb (or resistor)] --> gnd \ hide both
from pre-LCI AE #2 (hi-beam) --+--> [5w bulb (or resistor)] --> gnd / of these

after that pick from either AE (or both) "+" above and wire it to the LCI AE (brown casing).

Are you using LCI Halogen headlight or LCI Xenon headlight? If using Halogen and add HID kit another member done it:
https://5series.net/forums/topic/430...it-on-lci-e60/

So have I got to add another buld etc to make sure there is 2 either side as not got holders now etc sold them with the older lights what could you suggest?
My HID kit are supposed to be error free but still only get the issue until light has been turned on once then all is fine?
The side lights is my main issue to be honest and looking at that guide link is different to the side lights I have the angel eye bulbs that come in the brown casing that can not be replaced with the LED ones as they simply do not fit any ideas?
Old 10-05-2010, 01:13 AM
Members

Get a bulb holder ... as far as your HID I have no idea then ... it seems you are not using LCI Bi-Xenon as I am.

-to avoid parking light warning error on each headlight:
from pre-LCI AE #1 (lo-beam) --+--> [5w bulb (or resistor)] --> gnd \ hide both
from pre-LCI AE #2 (hi-beam) --+--> [5w bulb (or resistor)] --> gnd / of these

after that pick from either AE (or both) "+" above and wire it to the LCI AE (brown casing).

Are you using LCI Halogen headlight or LCI Xenon headlight? If using Halogen and add HID kit another member done it:
https://5series.net/forums/topic/430...it-on-lci-e60/

Would anyone have the how to guide on fitting and where to get these resistors as dont want to damge my wiring etc the headlights are ok just the side light warning on

Please anyone as it does my head in lol

Quick Reply: E60 Pre-LCI Headlight Question