E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 11:54 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello All

I've enjoyed the pictures of recent additions to the e60 owners club but am now beginning to feel like I might be in the minority still being in the expectant state.

Please post if you're still waiting showing days to delivery.....

jonboy
Old 06-05-2004, 12:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jonboy' date='Jun 5 2004, 01:54 AM
Hello All

I've enjoyed the pictures of recent additions to the e60 owners club but am now beginning to feel like I might be in the minority still being in the expectant state.

Please post if you're still waiting showing days to delivery.....

jonboy
Don't feel so bad....at least you only have a couple of weeks left. I am ready to order mine but since I am waiting for the first of the 2005 MY I still have to wait for the 2005 pricing and info to come out before I can place an order. So it looks like another month or two before I can even attempt to order the car. And since I want to try a special order color I am going to have to submit the order and wait a couple of weeks for BMW NA's answer (which will almost certainly be a "NO", especially on a Euro Delivery car). And after all that the EARLIEST I can take delivery in Munich would be October. Then after I am done with my trip and drop off the car to the shipper it will take another 6 to 8 weeks to get it to California. I have done Euro Delivery twice before, and although I love it and would not buy a BMW any other way, the wait between the drop off in Munich and pick up in California is unbearable.

So it seems the earliest I would have the car in California would be end of November or sometime in December. That is if BMW NA responds to my special order inquiery and/or production in a timely manner. If they delay it so much that the pick up date falls anytime after the third week of October I would have to wait till the spring. I don't want to be in Germany when it's really cold or snowy with a new BMW, after all I live in California .

I hope I have made you realize how lucky you are since you only have a couple of weeks left.

Good luck with the wait.

rodybmw
Old 06-05-2004, 12:33 AM
Members

My car will land in NJ this Sat 6/05/04. OOps that means today. I have been waiting for over a month and half now. Hope I can take a delivery this coming week. I wonder what software version it will have... waiting .. waiting... cant think about anything else but my car... wish me luck
Old 06-05-2004, 01:34 AM
Contributors

No worries guy. You are not alone, that is for sure. I ordered my car Mar. 26 and I am still waiting. I am suppossed to be recieving the car know later than the 15th. That is almost 3 months of waiting!!
Old 06-05-2004, 02:05 AM
Contributors

This is what I know from my dealer:

"Your 545iA is scheduled to be built in July - the actual week of production will be annouced to us around mid June."

Since I am in Germany delivery after production should be less than 2 weeks.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:37 AM
Senior Members

rodybmw

thanks for your reply that does put things into perspective. You'd think that the nearer it got the more relaxed you'd get but i just seem to be getting worse. I know exactly what you mean about the euro delivery thing, once you sat in and driven your car it must be like putting your kid up for adoption when you come to part. good luck with the wait,i hope she gets to you post haste

jonboy
Old 06-05-2004, 02:43 AM
Contributors

Johnboy, keep asking your dealer, mine was due for handover to me on 21st june and here I am with it sitting outside right now.......you never know!
Old 06-05-2004, 02:50 AM
Senior Members

I pick up mine in Munich on 17 June, so I'm counting the days. However, I'm also trying to focus on the rest of my travels since I will be traveling in Germany and also France for 3 weeks after the pick-up. Lots of details to organise, but I'm trying not to think only about the car
Old 06-05-2004, 03:32 AM
Members

patience is a virtue!!! and it usually pays off!!! I, on the other hand was so HOT and wanted to have one right away!! Looking back maybe I should have waited...but I am very satisfied and happy with my early decision. The NAV and HUD were nice to have but were not available when I got mine, maybe those were the only two items I would have waited for. It is well worth the wait!! Congratulations in advance!!!

gonzo
Old 06-05-2004, 04:41 AM
Members

I ordered my 545 on April 28th - it has been produced, but evidently not shipped, so (based on this very informative forum) it'll be at least another four weeks - looks like it could make July 4th even more festive!

Quick Reply: E60 Owners