E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 is A Life Saver

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 05:41 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Just getting back home from the hospital, after a long Night.
Driving in Downtown Atlanta, enjoying my 545i not to know that something really life threatening was about to happen.
I was about 300 yards from a stop light that just turned green and I decided to just cruse past the green light ( I must have been going at around 10 -15 mph) when out of nowhere this white chevy crossed his red light and slams right into my Car, sending my car 360 degree spinning, deplyment of Airbags and me with all sort of thoughts and images going through mind all this happenening within a split second. I had two other passagers with me, there were not hurt at all I suffered a mild concussion, neck pains and a sprained/bruised shoulder.
Even before the car came to a Halt I could hear the opretors voice from the BMW assist. it was remarkable she had me on a three way called with the Atlanta sherrifs department and also emergency services and had them both deployed to my location.
I was so glad that God allowed me to come out of this ordeal alive. And am very grateful for the safety that lies in the E60, it is beyond words, I now first hand the true value of this car not only lies in the performance on the roads but also the performace of the cars safty featurs, deployment of airbags and it handling and control of the car in such a situation as mine.
THe E60 is the Car, Now the trouble go getting another, going a day without my car is just not something that I am able to comprehend.

Name:  Image1.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  2.6 KB

Name:  Image2.jpg
Size:  2.5 KB

Name:  Image3.jpg
Size:  2.8 KB

Name:  Image4.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  3.1 KB

Name:  Image6.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  2.6 KB
Old 05-22-2005, 05:49 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Wow, I'm sorry! :'(

The best thing is that you're alright and hopefully the other driver didn't flee the scene. Everything else can be fixed.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Glad you're alright man! It's great when the car "takes the bullet" to protect it's occupants.

You can always get a new car...
Old 05-22-2005, 06:14 AM
Contributors

Glad to read that you and your passengers are safe and relatively unharmed. Sorry you had to go through that, though.

We buy these cars because they are so much fun to drive, but it is good to know how protective they are when we need them to be. Thank you BMW.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Man i am glad that you and yor passengers are alright, also hope the other driver is okay also. God has blessed you with another chance use it s wisely and besure to get another E60. By the way did you still have a subscription too BMW Assist or had it expired?
Old 05-22-2005, 06:59 AM
JDN
Contributors

I'm glad the passengers were OK and you are out of the hospital. How about the Chevy? Was it drivable. I'm betting NOT.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i Jet Black, keep my passenger seat extra clean after I(married/3kids) drop off my new mistress(half black/half indian gives great head even though I have Jock itch/yeast infection), don't want anything leaking from her crotch after I have my way with her

Glad to hear all were OK. It is nice to know the engeering marvel that we have does what they say. Thank GOD all were ok..
Old 05-22-2005, 07:41 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545I WHITE ON GRAY , SMG, NAV, SPORT PKG, PREM SND, COLD WTHR, STOCK CHROME, TITANIUM TINTS, EURO REFLECTORS, DEBADGED.

YES FELLOW BMW CULT MEMBER GLAD YOUR OK.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

Hope you fully recover soon

Good to hear the E60 held you safely and that everyone is safe
Old 05-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Contributors

Glad to hear all are OK.

You should get some compensation for being without your BMW until you get your new one. The pain and suffering that is going to cause.

Hope you get into a new one quick or it is fixed soon.

Quick Reply: E60 is A Life Saver