E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
View Poll Results: What should happen to him?
Should win an international design award
10.64%
Should receive a pat on the back for a job well done
17.02%
Should be reprimanded and put on probation for his efforts
19.15%
Should be banned from working in the automotive indusrty for the term of his natural life
17.02%
Should be placed in public stocks for E60 owners to throw rotten fruit at him
46.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

E60 Cup Holders

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride:

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='707836' date='Oct 30 2008, 02:38 PM
No open bottles of alcohol beverages allowed in cars in US (at least in Michigan)!

In Finland that's not a problem.
We tend to make up our own rules about stuff like that down in the southern US..
Old 10-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i, Titanium Silver/Black, 6-Sp Steptronic, Sport Package, HD Radio, Sirius, Premium Sound, GPS Nav, Cold Pkg, cell phone cradle, iPod through the AUX port 1976 Datsun 280Z, Charcoal/Black, 5-Sp Manual, A/C, American Mags, CD, Tom Tom 930 GPS (works better than the BMW!) and the rest is pretty much stock

Originally Posted by MatyB' post='707036' date='Oct 29 2008, 08:49 PM
On the way to the office this morning my coffee cup went flying.....and so did it's contents....and this is not the firs time
Do you think BMW will cover my detailing and dry cleaning bill?
I think we've beaten the coffee cup holder thing to death and need to move this conversation to something more substantial....like the visor mirror. I can't tell you how many times I've nicked myself shaving cuz the light just isn't bright enough for me to see what I'm doing. Especially in early morning traffic when the sun is at such a low angle. And for plucking my nose hair....useless. I tell ya.....
Old 10-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530i M Sport Sedan / Silver Grey

Originally Posted by geokr1' post='708152' date='Oct 31 2008, 12:18 PM
I think we've beaten the coffee cup holder thing to death and need to move this conversation to something more substantial....like the visor mirror. I can't tell you how many times I've nicked myself shaving cuz the light just isn't bright enough for me to see what I'm doing. Especially in early morning traffic when the sun is at such a low angle. And for plucking my nose hair....useless. I tell ya.....
Are you sure you are a man doing those things whilst driving I drove past a woman this morning on the way to the office and she was doing her make up, reading the paper, talking on a mobile, shaving her legs, berating her kids and making an origami crane......all whilst she was driving at 60kms in peak hour traffic Those girls sure know how to multi task
Old 10-31-2008, 01:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Silver Metallic w/Sport Automatic Transmission, Ventilated Comfort Seats in Beige Nasca Leather, Light Poplar Trim, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Night Vision, Active Cruise Control, Logic 7, Blue tooth Hands Free, Dynamic Stability, Soft Close. Mods: RPI Exhaust, Scoop + FIlter, License plate LED lights

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='707836' date='Oct 31 2008, 12:38 AM
No open bottles of alcohol beverages allowed in cars in US (at least in Michigan)!

In Finland that's not a problem.

No alcohol allowed in my country(only foreigners can have it)
Old 10-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Space Gray 550i, Light Poplar Wood, Anthracite Head Liner, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Front Ventilated Comfort Seats in Black Nasca Leather, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Night Vision, Lane Deviation Warning, Active Cruise Control, Heated Rear Seats, Folding Rear Seats, Power Shade w/ Rear Side-Shades, Rear Air Bags, Logic 7, HD Radio, Sirius Satellite Radio, iPod/USB Adapter. Car in BMW Body Shop, estimated completion 01/24/07.

Originally Posted by geokr1' post='708152' date='Oct 30 2008, 06:48 PM

+1

No sh<t!

Old 10-31-2008, 06:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: ActiveHybrid - fully tricked out
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by anand_rahim' post='707664' date='Oct 30 2008, 12:43 PM
I think this guy may be a BMW cup holder designer
Perhaps.

But in his defence .... one of the things I love about Europe is the very, very civilized practice of actually stopping the car, sitting in the cafe for a few minutes to sip a cup of tea (coffee, expresso, etc). I'm not convinced that our North American practice of the "drive-thru" is civilized.

Having said that ... I admit that I use the Tim Hortons drive-thru. A medium tea seems to stay in the cupholder but I admit that I don't trust it.

Cheers
Old 11-01-2008, 06:34 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535d with all the trimmings

Only one solution for the cupholder design flaw!

Old 11-01-2008, 07:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by roadrunner' post='709521' date='Nov 1 2008, 10:34 PM
Only one solution for the cupholder design flaw!

tryed 1 of these very hard work finishing both cans :thumbsdown:
Old 11-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MatyB' post='708284' date='Oct 30 2008, 11:47 PM
Are you sure you are a man doing those things whilst driving I drove past a woman this morning on the way to the office and she was doing her make up, reading the paper, talking on a mobile, shaving her legs, berating her kids and making an origami crane......all whilst she was driving at 60kms in peak hour traffic Those girls sure know how to multi task

you can drive at 60kms in peak hour traffic.....

come to london where its 1mph all day long.
on top gear (our iconic TV program) they raced a mercedes against a marathon runner from the isle of dogs (east london) to that big house the queen lives in .....26 miles.....and the runner won by a country mile.

mind you i once got to 18mph last year.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535d with all the trimmings

Originally Posted by Dr Dave' post='709613' date='Nov 1 2008, 12:28 PM
you can drive at 60kms in peak hour traffic.....

come to london where its 1mph all day long.
on top gear (our iconic TV program) they raced a mercedes against a marathon runner from the isle of dogs (east london) to that big house the queen lives in .....26 miles.....and the runner won by a country mile.

mind you i once got to 18mph last year.
I feel your pain Dr Dave, but why they sometimes call it 'Rush Hour' is beyond me, it lasts longer than an hour and there's no point in trying to rush anywhere!!

New series of Top Gear is back on tommorrow

Quick Reply: E60 Cup Holders