E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 brings out the worse in other drivers

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007 | 12:06 AM
Senior Members

I think alot of drivers with Euro cars feel threatned or their uneasy when they see the emblem and angel eyes. Altho I notice other bmw cars actually slow down when Im ahead of them . I think at times tehy mistake my ride for a "BEAST". lol anyways just ignore these people and let them go about their way. You have nothing to prove, If they want to pass you let them. Theyll get whats coming to them eventually.
Old 06-16-2007 | 12:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='436307' date='Jun 16 2007, 06:37 AM
These are the comments that make BMW owners sound like arrogant a-holes.
Before engaging, you did of course take my "list" in the context of the reply to the OP (and the person in the OP who made the comment is not as I read it, a BMW owner). As was evidenced there, this type of comment is made by the "have nots"...

In the context of this thread I don't NEED to compete at lights, at junctions, on the track. If someone ever wanted to "take me on" they are welcome to disappear into the distance.

At least I usually have a choice in which direction.

ABC
Old 06-16-2007 | 01:48 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 520d SE, Jaguar X-Type 2.0d SE, Land Rover Freelaner 2.5 V6

Guys

I drive a 2007 520d and this is my second BMW, however, my passion is really Jaguar Cars (last car was an X-Type, next car after 520 will be a XJ)

The stick I have taken on the Jaguar Forums for my current E60 keeps me amused but the general consensus I find is that ALL BMW drivers are a**holes

Perhaps the boy racers spoil it for us but not sure we can shake the rep and will continue to get jelous fools in rot boxes cutting us up etc etc

You can tell from my engine choice that my racing days are gone but still everyone wants to race me, tailgate me or cut me up! Only last night a VW golf (the devils spawn on the road after white van man) did his best to intimidate me when passing parked cars our wing mirrors were a matter of mm from being smashed off, I had stopped and pulled over as far as I could see he wasnt going to stop and he just accelerated

Now I cannot condone roadrage but if he had hit me ........................
Old 06-16-2007 | 01:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 5slices' post='436343' date='Jun 16 2007, 10:48 AM
...still everyone wants to race me, tailgate me or cut me up! ...
I have quite the opposite experience.

Maybe because I'm in an "old man's" SE... I just get on with the quiet life and enjoy my driving.

I think having nothing to prove allows you to relax...

ABC
Old 06-16-2007 | 03:00 AM
Members

My Ride: '06 535d M-Sport Individual Deep Green Metallic 19" Style 172 wheels Individual Champagne leather Media Pack Visibility pack Sunroof Privacy glass

Originally Posted by kjhkent' post='436214' date='Jun 15 2007, 09:59 PM
I can only speak for UK roads but here things seem almost lawless.
I think you answered your own question .

A stronger traffic police presence would undoubtebly calm things down rather than relying on speed cameras :thumbsdown:

I cant remember the last time I actually saw a traffic car other than at the scene of an RTC.
Old 06-16-2007 | 09:04 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 520d SE, Jaguar X-Type 2.0d SE, Land Rover Freelaner 2.5 V6

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='436344' date='Jun 16 2007, 10:55 AM
I have quite the opposite experience.

Maybe because I'm in an "old man's" SE... I just get on with the quiet life and enjoy my driving.

I think having nothing to prove allows you to relax...

ABC
Mine is also the old mans SE spec perhaps its the sun protection glazing that makes them think im a pimp
Old 06-18-2007 | 12:31 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d SE Jet black / anthracite Advanced air con Sun protection glass USB Style 244 wheels

Originally Posted by 5slices' post='436402' date='Jun 16 2007, 06:04 PM
Mine is also the old mans SE spec perhaps its the sun protection glazing that makes them think im a pimp

From one future pimp to another, I am getting the pimp glass as well! Some golf drivers are okay... (I used to have one!).

IMHO it is not what car you drive, just whether you behave like a tosser behind the wheel! It also does not matter how old or young you are, having been flicked a V by an old lady in a mini metro who carved me up on a roundabout!

Old 06-18-2007 | 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by iversonm' post='436259' date='Jun 16 2007, 02:08 AM
BMWs are expensive Minis?

Minis are expensive shopping carts made by BMW.
Old 06-18-2007 | 01:44 PM
Members

This is just my opinion, but I don't think it had anything to do with him driving Audi and you driving BMW. There are many morons driving Audi, Benz, Lexus, and BMW.

I've seen a guy in sweet M5 saying "why did u buy that rice?" at a stopped signal to an elderly man driving a NSX.
Again this is my opinion, but I think NSX (very rare, maybe because it has been around for over 10 years pretty much untouched and it doesn't perform as well as today's modern $70-$80k cars) is just as nice as M5.

I have a 5 series (525), and I think E, GS, A6 are just as nice as 5 series, although they all have different characteristics. It is matter of what your preference is, of course I got attracted to 5 series because I love BMW's sporty driving behavior, cold chic modern interior design (not flashy (unlike GS & A6) but carries just as many options hidden inside the car), and 5 series is the only car in class offering manual transmission.

Thank u for reading.
Old 06-18-2007 | 02:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 330, E60 550 on order: Carbon Black/Natural Brown, 6MT.

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='436307' date='Jun 16 2007, 01:37 AM
Benzs were never expensive Chryslers, there was a lot of talk about how the ailing Chrysler brand would benefit from M-B's engineering capabilities. Not the other way around.
Maybe it was that MB was going to benefit from Chrysler's quality systems.

It appears that that hasn't happened either.

Quick Reply: E60 brings out the worse in other drivers