E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

e60 alarm so quiet

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 04:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Is there a quick fix to making the OEM alarm siren louder. I locked my daughter in the car whilst at KFC and came out to the alarm going off. It was so quiet if anybody actually tampered / towed it away from the house I wouldn't actually hear it.

Secondly is the boot open button on my key fob ( button 3) able to allow the siren to go off or is this only a feature in the US?? I have tried many times but cant seem to activate the panic alarm.

Many thanks,

Buckers
Old 01-12-2010, 07:29 AM
bmx
Members

Originally Posted by buckers' post='1088880' date='Jan 12 2010, 07:26 AM
Hi,

Is there a quick fix to making the OEM alarm siren louder. I locked my daughter in the car whilst at KFC and came out to the alarm going off. It was so quiet if anybody actually tampered / towed it away from the house I wouldn't actually hear it.

Secondly is the boot open button on my key fob ( button 3) able to allow the siren to go off or is this only a feature in the US?? I have tried many times but cant seem to activate the panic alarm.

Many thanks,

Buckers
I thought Panic button is the middle rounded BMW one? I might be wrong- never used it.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:14 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by bmx' post='1089002' date='Jan 12 2010, 11:29 AM
I thought Panic button is the middle rounded BMW one? I might be wrong- never used it.
The panic button is the open trunk button, in the US. To activate it, you have to keep the button depressed for several seconds.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1089029' date='Jan 12 2010, 05:14 PM
The panic button is the open trunk button, in the US. To activate it, you have to keep the button depressed for several seconds.

I tryed that numerous times and it doesnt work so maybe it is a US thing. Any Brits wish to comment or check there fob?

Any joy with the alarm volume anybody??

Buckers
Old 01-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Really? its quite piercing loud to me...
Old 01-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='1089196' date='Jan 12 2010, 04:07 PM
Really? its quite piercing loud to me...
Same here. Maybe it's the polite thing in the UK.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:23 AM
Members

My Ride: [color="#2F4F4F"][font="Arial Narrow"][b]F07 5-Series GT | 2009 '59' | Black Sapphire, Ivory White Leather, Unlacquered Fineline Wood Trim[/b] Media Professional Pack with HDD, Visibility Pack, Electric Front Seats with Memory 20" alloys [style 316] with Pirelli P-Zeroes RF tires, Adaptive Drive USB Interface, DAB Tuner, Extended Ambient Lighting, Comfort Access [/font][/color]

Alarm sound quite muted - certainly not piercing enough to get anyone's attn unless you are standing and watching
I have not figured out the panic button yet. Thankfully not needed it.
Considering the muted alarm, wonder if it is worth my time.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i - no mods. Pretty basic really. I mean it has tires, windows, and a sweet look, what more could a man want? Honestly, I'd like to improve the sound system mildly, and possibly find a worthy engine mod that would increase my BHP by 100 without giving an arm and a leg for. I don't think it's out there, so I'll stay stock and love driving my 530i.

Originally Posted by SpokenHands' post='1089620' date='Jan 13 2010, 04:23 AM
Alarm sound quite muted - certainly not piercing enough to get anyone's attn unless you are standing and watching
I have not figured out the panic button yet. Thankfully not needed it.
Considering the muted alarm, wonder if it is worth my time.

Really... I accidentally hit the panic button on my way into work and didn't realize it. It was a park & ride. WHen I returned I got all kinds of complaints how loud and annoying the car was. A little embarrassed one couple mentioned how ear piercing the alarm was. They as I were both surprised the alarm kept going off until the battery was drained, so needless to say it was going off ALLL day. My issue with the alarm is why wouldn't it stop after say max of 15 or 20 mins? Outside that I'm glad "my" model is ear piercing.

-Jay
Old 01-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BimmerJay' post='1089877' date='Jan 13 2010, 06:53 PM
Really... I accidentally hit the panic button on my way into work and didn't realize it. It was a park & ride. WHen I returned I got all kinds of complaints how loud and annoying the car was. A little embarrassed one couple mentioned how ear piercing the alarm was. They as I were both surprised the alarm kept going off until the battery was drained, so needless to say it was going off ALLL day. My issue with the alarm is why wouldn't it stop after say max of 15 or 20 mins? Outside that I'm glad "my" model is ear piercing.

-Jay
hi all,

any ideas on the quiet alarm issue????

Many thanks

buckers
Old 01-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Members

I have accidentally set the alarm off a few times (trying to open the trunk w/ the remote) and the alarm on my LCI car is PAINFULLY loud. Maybe it's different in the UK. Nobody pays attention anyways.

Quick Reply: e60 alarm so quiet