E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 535d vs E39 M5

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 03:04 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

E60 535d vs E39 M5 or the return of Pinocchio[size=5]

First of all scuse my english,is the school english and I finished the school 14 years ago.

I'm The Drunk Monkey ,the owner of that E39 M5 you are talking about....

All I can say is that this Pinocchio told u a very intersting fairy tale.
I don't have too much time and this way I will complete the story just with a few "uninteresting" things:

1.I never intended to start a race with a DIESEL
2.I just saw he wants a race and I wanted to play with.
3.There was -5 or -7 Celsius degrees and I had summer rimms,I even regreted that I go to on road with the M5 and not with my 4x4 Pajero Sport,even the road was clean.
4.When he passed me on the right side ,he goes about 70-100 m in my front and after I get free road I gone after him and as long he was 100 m in front of me I don't know why he expected to be so fast in his back.
5.He changes the line 2 with the line 1 not to see what can I do,but because beeing in his back so close,I could push him out of the road.
6.When I overtaked him,I had 240km/h,so he never touch this speed,probably he had 210-220 km/h in that time.After that he slowed down ,there are no any story about 250/h and any limit.
7.Almost forgot,in all that time I was in my car with my girl friend ,who saw that I want to make a race and when I get 180/h she started screaming to me and when I get 240/h she starded crying(she don't agree with that kind of streets racing.
8.Mister Pinocchio,that blak smoke is not so black,there is appears a smoke when I change the gear having high turations and there appears 40l gas consumption.Plus the usual oil consum of any M5 or M3.Ask the people who know my car,the car HAS A BRAND NEW ENGINE,changed one year ago,now it has around 15.000 km on board.And the last news is that the car has a brand new gear box,changed 2 month ago,you cand ask to BMW Bavaria

After all these ,I suggest you to keep dreaming and take out of your mind that there was a real race....it was a race for YOU,for me it was a joke......can you realise even how you story sounds:E60 535d vs E39 M5!!!!It is PATHETIC!!!!There isn't a diesel car yet who can play with a M5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!There is a M5 who can laugh with a diesel,even with a 535d.

And boys,by now you could be more cautiously when you hear that kind of fishing stories...your E60's are very nice cars but don't forget ,there is just one E60 who can beat a E39 M5 and that E60 is a M5 too. )
Old 01-25-2006, 03:13 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 700700' post='228532
hey look at me, i'm a tough "blogdarija"n. I can spit fire and beat ur crap out. I also know alot of kaars. I'm a rich mf from blogdarija. I did my money so easily. So if u wrok more than 1 hour a day than u're a mb hater. Everyone else is stupid. I'm always right. I also can shoot you down u worm. Bang bang...ur dead.

ats77 that's for u bro. U really made my day. I had a good laugh, enough for the entire day.
what you think that being romanian you are any better? you nation are a disgrace to europe, and your have not fulfilled any of the criteria that the EU commision set you. What more can i say. gypsies
[/quote]

I feel really bad for the words thrown in here. Is this sign of maturity or what? I will report this post...

@the drunk monkey: welcome aboard, and thanks for telling us your side of the story.

This topic degenerated badly in the meantime, with some bad language...

Your car is very nice, and I can confirm the entire story with the engine and with gearbox.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:23 AM
Members

This topic degenerated badly in the meantime, with some bad language...

[/quote]

Yeah,I already noticed....too bad,somebody should take some attitude....
Old 01-25-2006, 03:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: (E60) 535D M-Sport (DMS)

Having recently moved across from Audi forums, it's interesting to see that the same pointless arguements take place over here as well.

This age old debate is always amusing (my car is faster than yours). On paper, we all know how cars stack up, but truth be known in the real world & on track, conditions & driver ability are the biggest single factor.

I'm moving to a 535D M-Sport from a highly modified RS6 this week. RS6 goes on Monday & i pick the Bimmer up on Monday. Reason for the move is finances as i'm getting tired of spending so much money on owning, running & maintaining the RS6. This said, my RS6 would thrash an E39 M5 & easily beat an E60 M5, but perhaps not on a track. My track driving experience is medium so someone in an E39 M5 who was mroe experienced & perhaps knew the road/track would have a huge advantage & probably win any head to head.

The E60 535D Sport stacks up very well against most performance cars on the road, as it's mid-range is awesome & would give M5's a good run for their money, but the stats speak for themselves. With a DMS re-map, this evens things up further as the 535D can then hit 60 in 5.5 secs & 100 in 13.4, but still not enough on paper to take an E60 M5 & would perhaps more closely match the E39 M5, but probably not quite enough to beat it.

If i had a ? for every time i've heard the "my car is faster than yours" story i'd have enough to run my new 535D Sport for a couple of years. My current car could beat anything in a straight line on the road, with the exception of a McLaren SLR, Carrera GT, RUF GT or Ubber 650BHP Mercs, however an RS6 is not that nimble so cross country & i'd lose ground to lesser cars on the twisty stuff. On the road, i'd usually call any race off once it entered stupidity, as i value my license & life, however just knowing i could was enough to satisfy me.

Enough said i think. Everyone enjoy your cars for what they are CARS.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:01 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

This is a E60/1 forum. One of the reasons I'm here is because I'm tired of listening to the stories of 7 years old bimmers with new engines and new gear boxes. And for some reason, without those stories the language tends to be better... Please keep it that way!
Old 01-25-2006, 04:14 AM
Members

We all know what a RS6 can do....but this is another story....as a conclusion all I can say is that there are too manny unrealistic and enthusyastic persons who see some things just throug their eyes.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ipp' post='229310' date='Jan 25 2006, 03:01 PM
This is a E60/1 forum. One of the reasons I'm here is because I'm tired of listening to the stories of 7 years old bimmers with new engines and new gear boxes. And for some reason, without those stories the language tends to be better... Please keep it that way!
I completely agree, but hey, some E60 owners with original engines and original gearboxes, led the conversation to that language...

OT: btw: why E60/1 and not E60? What's /1 designation?
Old 01-25-2006, 04:18 AM
Members

Excuse me ipp ,5 years old bimmers )....maybe you are right but we are tired too of listening stories about E60 diesel bimmers beating E39 old bimmers .
Old 01-25-2006, 04:24 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Originally Posted by big_ipaq' post='229317
Excuse me ipp ,5 years old bimmers )....maybe you are right but we are tired too of listening stories about E60 diesel bimmers beating E39 old bimmers .
I can understand that too..
Old 01-25-2006, 04:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Lucky guys you do not have POLICE there... try to do it here

but thx drunkey monkey cleared the story I wud not offend our 535d guy that he made a bit nicer pic of himself.. we are all human.

So no offence and thx for posting..but if I were your girlfriend I wud cry do not tell me that you tend to go 240km/h with SUMMER tires? Then why the heck they say to buy winters mine is ok until 240km/h the winter one but only did in GERMANY 230km/h and did not wanna play w tires....

PS: I never thought that any diesel cud beat any M5s, maybe Steve's 535d overdopped

Originally Posted by the drunk monkey' post='229318' date='Jan 25 2006, 02:18 PM

drunken guys was cool comin' here and be welcome E60 is a 5 series even if it is ///M technik so welcome here, ask Lomag for a Cling

Quick Reply: E60 535d vs E39 M5