E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E60 535d vs E39 M5

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 06:43 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So it was like this...i was in my 535d on a 2 lane road quite light of traffic doing 50-60km/h in DS. Suddenly i see a white E39 M5 entering the road as i was passing him. White one, with a few mods:exhaust, crome rims. Anyway that caught my attention as i'm all eyes when it comes to driving. Suddenly he pulled right in my back while i was checking him in my rear view mirror. How could i resist? I caned it. Pedal to the metal. Accelerated till 100 or so when i caught a car on the 2nd lane(my drving lane). Backed of a little and then i realised this guy is dead serious and wanted a race whatever it takes. He went on the comming traffic lanes and accelerated it from 100 or so. I swept the 1st lane and passed that car in front of me. The thing is that i sensed he would try to overtake me and that car by going the other way, since i was checking him in my rear view mirror and he didn't catch me unprepaired with that move. So after that i was right in his tail. The odd thing is that he pushed that car at max but there was quite alot of back smoke comming from the exhausts. Even i didn't get that smoke. In fact i don't get any smoke under full throttle. Anyway...we accelerated till 140-150 in in instant obviously when we caught another car on the 2nd lane. He made a mistake here because he wanted again to go the to other way but kinda hezitated so i only got a fraction of a second to use that slight mistake. So i went on the 1st lane on full throttle since it was empty and he did the same after me. Then we both floored it till 240. He was SERIOUSLY in my back showing that he can overtake me. At around 210 i moved on the 1st lane to let him prove it. He did that but not so easily. I was keeping up surprisingly well. Didn't expect that. At around 240km/h he was already 2-3 cars ahead of me and as the speed increased it seemed he was able to pull away from me better. Once i reached 250 there was no way i could catch him since my limiter went in and he was already ahead of me. He back off, i backed off and then i went beside him and showed him . Nice run. He was undoubtly faster than me especially at higher speeds. If the road would have been 100% free of traffic for sure he would have got even a bigger advantage...i suspect. The only good thing that concerns my car vs his was the pulling power, that i was amaized by when comming to brake, overtake, floor it. At that chapter i stayed right with him. I saw that when he was in front of me. No questions asked. The whole thing didn't last more than 2 minutes. Going from 60-100 then 150, braked again till 90, and then floored it to 250 and back again at around 140.
So i know now how my car stacks up with an e39 m5. I am more than pleased with it. I LUV IT especially for the pulling power i got for overtaking manouvers. He was seriously flooring it since the engine screamed like hell. Nice...rare moments.

PS: It was the first car that ever beat me since i got my car. But i didn't have much competition though: only civic type r, seat leon cupra r, golf gti, and a porsche carrera cabrio wich remained speechless because i pulled away in that heavy traffic.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

NIce writeup, congrats BUT be carefull man, when I was on business we had to go off the lane, road, as some 'cleverhead' took over in our lane... so we were passangers and we were in a state car, but wow that was crazy. I wud not race on those roads.. w/o offence...

be proud of your 535D e60 he has his tunner e39 will never be that safe and comfortable like you!

PS. GOOD for you have police w Dacias, here they catch you for 'playing fast and furious'
Old 01-22-2006, 07:06 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ats77' post='227825' date='Jan 22 2006, 10:57 AM
NIce writeup, congrats BUT be carefull man, when I was on business we had to go off the lane, road, as some 'cleverhead' took over in our lane... so we were passangers and we were in a state car, but wow that was crazy. I wud not race on those roads.. w/o offence...

be proud of your 535D e60 he has his tunner e39 will never be that safe and comfortable like you!

PS. GOOD for you have police w Dacias, here they catch you for 'playing fast and furious'
No man...you rarely see them in Dacias now. Or it's the order patrols. BUT VERY RARE. We have had for a long time vw ventos and that's the most common car. But now the most common car for road patrols are vw passats variant 2003-2004 vers. V6 TDIs and surprisngly alot of V6 petrol. 200bhp models if i'm not mistaked. Those are the cars for driving patrols. Not dacias. Dacias where sold since about 5-6 years ago.
Attached Thumbnails E60 535d vs E39 M5-autorutiera2.gif  
Old 01-22-2006, 07:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d Sport - Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack (satnav, bluetooth, CD changer), heated font seats, through load

A remapped 535d Vs E39 M5 would have been more interesting
Old 01-22-2006, 08:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

nice. I just don't get the black smoke from petrol engine....??? are you totaly positive it was an M5???? or debadged something??
I mean the only way a petrol car smokes black is when the engine is totaly gone.... about to blow up any minute..... eating tons of oil....
otherwise you can't get a black smoke for a petrol car
Old 01-22-2006, 10:16 AM
Senior Members

Nice...

@BetterMakeWay: We lost you today... I thought you were coming with us for a chat and a hot tea, what happened?

Don't you know "the drunk monkey" with his white E39 M5? The car is very nice...

Where this happened?

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='227859' date='Jan 22 2006, 07:22 PM
nice. I just don't get the black smoke from petrol engine....??? are you totaly positive it was an M5???? or debadged something??
I mean the only way a petrol car smokes black is when the engine is totaly gone.... about to blow up any minute..... eating tons of oil....
It was an M5. I know the owner. The license plate reads B-xx-EMU.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:29 AM
Senior Members

By the way... Here's the M5: http://www.bmwm5.as.ro/
Old 01-22-2006, 10:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by big_ipaq' post='227901' date='Jan 22 2006, 02:16 PM
Nice...

@BetterMakeWay: We lost you today... I thought you were coming with us for a chat and a hot tea, what happened?

Don't you know "the drunk monkey" with his white E39 M5? The car is very nice...

this one? http://www.bmwm5.as.ro/
Old 01-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Nice!
Old 01-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by big_ipaq' post='227901
[/quote]
Sorry man. I called Catalin when u guys left idm. I had to go to Bragadiru for some stuff. It happened on the exit from Bucharest on the straight line till bragadiru. I didn't know him but that's exactly the car. Anyway do u know what's up with the black smoke?
Anything modded on it? Engine/performance....

PS: yeah a tweaked 535d would have been more than a match for that m5.

Quick Reply: E60 535d vs E39 M5