E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E60 520d High Battery Drain

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 04:45 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520D
Model Year: 2007
Engine: 2.0
Default E60 520d High Battery Drain

Hi Guys

E60 520d 2007 lci

This is driving me crazy. Had the car for about 5 months until this problem occurred. One day i woke up and saw a high battery drain on my idrive. That particular day it was cold but the car started everytime displaying the high battery drain message and the time will reset.

Drove the car for about a month after that message and it was ok until one morning the car wouldn't start at all. no dash lights nothing. Would only jump start using another vehicle. The car would then drive fine the whole day until i leave it over night for about 7 hours.

So i did some research online and alot of people pin pointed out to a faulty IBS sensor or a bad battery. They were both changed and it made no difference. For some reason the car if not going to sleep. did a few test with multi meter and is currently draining at 6amps. Fulling out the fuse one by one and found that the fuse in the glove box - Fuse 41 -7.5 , when i take that out the amp does drop to 0.85MA

Recently had leather seats installed and came with air bag error but i cleared it with inpa. Passenger seat mat seems to be faulty ,would this have anything to do with it?

Inpa codes found:

SZL - 951A
DME/DDE - 3F01

Car i currently with local garage and still waiting on investigation.
BMW at Harold Wood had the car for 2 days and could not find the fault. They charge £180 an hour so i gave up after the 2 days. costing me alot of money already.

Any help will be much appreciated.