E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Dust has been bitten

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear this...Hope u find some way to solve this problem once and for all.
I traded my e60 530i in with tons of mods. All that money i put in and got nothing back.. u live and learn...I still love BMWs and will be back someday for a M.. For now im having fun in my new WRX
Old 02-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by rrnag30
One of the worst nightmares possible....GL with this and we are here to support you! moral support.

Originally Posted by stoic1
Bummerz Vlad. I've had some problems with mine, but not to that extent. Not an easy path to tread. Best of luck for
a happy solution.

Originally Posted by jaycal3
Wow that sucks! Good luck with finding a solution, and a new ride!

Originally Posted by 530inOK
Dammit V! I hate to hear it go down this way Hopefully when you get inside it won?t be as bad as it sounds.
Hang in there man!! Keep us posted.
Thanks guys! Appreciate the moral support
Old 02-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by phlfly
Sorry to hear, but it does happen with any car, even most trusty brand like Lexus RX330, 115,000 miles tranny slipping and knocking noise in coming from the engine, couple good tech looked at this and said it's more likely a crankshaft bearings.
So I did sold before it got worse.
Well another story, my friend's 2006/07 MB C-class, the timing chain stretched, so kill both camshaft gears and cost around $3000.
Another ex: my friend has BMW E46 since 2000 and has like 170,000, oil replaced each 5,000-7,000 miles and car is perfect condition, no oil burning.
So it does happened once in while, so it's not might be your fault, just previous owner followed BMW recommended oil changes or didn't replaced oil at all or use wrong brand and type.
Thanks

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
Damn. Sorry to hear Vlad. Good luck on whatever you decide.
haha and I just got the Orions too Wasn't meant to be, I guess...

Originally Posted by luigi524td
That really sux big time!!

I'd get an eval from a BMW Area Rep - preferably one who will take into consideration your care of the product and respect the opinion/diagnosis from a qualified BMW Indy.

I think we all have an expectation that these motors might show (some) wear at 100K - 200K miles but shouldn't break unless there is a product defect that might go undetected until disaster strikes.

Hope it all works out for you!
I agree with you in principle, but I think in reality they'll laugh at me and tell me to shove my issues up my you know what. I mean, even Nissan offers 100k mile drivetrain coverage standard, whereas BMW does not.

Wish I knew a way how to get in touch with someone at BMW Corporate - not just a dealership - so I could explain the situation and see if they'd like to step up. But I'm not expecting much success from this.

Originally Posted by psE60
Sorry to hear this...Hope u find some way to solve this problem once and for all.
I traded my e60 530i in with tons of mods. All that money i put in and got nothing back.. u live and learn...I still love BMWs and will be back someday for a M.. For now im having fun in my new WRX
WRX is friggin WILD Man!!! Congrats!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

This blows Vlad. This is why I lease and stay within the warranty.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871
This blows Vlad. This is why I lease and stay within the warranty.
I do appreciate the supprort Amigo!

Seems to be the smart move with modern BMWs - leasing. I mean, I've done everything right by this car - always original parts, all intervals and service done. I've invested thousands into this heap of crap over the years, never even drove it cold - warmed it up even in August. Sure, I revved the engine a few times, but I only redlined it once in the entire time I've had it, and hey, I was under the impression that BMW inline-6 engines actually like to be revved. Guess what? None of that matters now - nobody's problem but mine
Old 02-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey V, sorry to hear about the engine. A forged bottom end with FI would be sweet on the I6. Hang in there man. Things have a way of working out. -west
Old 02-02-2012, 01:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by west
Hey V, sorry to hear about the engine. A forged bottom end with FI would be sweet on the I6. Hang in there man. Things have a way of working out. -west
You nailed it bro! I always know that things will work out for the better. Would love to keep the car and see what could be done to it further - after all, the engine is the one thing I've always wanted to change about it.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 525i mystic blue / black concept one staggered wheels 19x8.5 19x10.5

Dam sorry to hear about that V,
I hope everything works out
Old 02-02-2012, 02:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

Damn V, this sucks. Hang in there buddy; all BMW's can't be bad. This is my first BMW and I have the same engine (N52) at 53K miles...I keep it maintained, but I do drive it slightly aggressively. Hopefully you can fix it and just sell the car. It sucks when you hear about other peoples misfortune and you think it can't happen to you since you baby/maintain the car and something like this happens that leaves a bad taste in your mouth from BMW. I will say that even with the excessive expenses, my 2007 530i with SMG is not the fastest car I have driven, but is the most FUN. (Ive owed a turbocharged eclipse before) Since I got my car, I have always said that I would never buy and other brand besides BMW now, but I will have to wait in see.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BLaCk aBi
Dam sorry to hear about that V,
I hope everything works out
Thanks brother! Hope so

Originally Posted by houbmw
Damn V, this sucks. Hang in there buddy; all BMW's can't be bad. This is my first BMW and I have the same engine (N52) at 53K miles...I keep it maintained, but I do drive it slightly aggressively. Hopefully you can fix it and just sell the car. It sucks when you hear about other peoples misfortune and you think it can't happen to you since you baby/maintain the car and something like this happens that leaves a bad taste in your mouth from BMW. I will say that even with the excessive expenses, my 2007 530i with SMG is not the fastest car I have driven, but is the most FUN. (Ive owed a turbocharged eclipse before) Since I got my car, I have always said that I would never buy and other brand besides BMW now, but I will have to wait in see.
Oh I know the feeling, man! I love my E60 for its wonderful dynamic qualities, it's the reliability that bit me badly. I was the one yelling at everyone on this forum that "as long as you treat your car right, it will never break!", but now it's looking like I've learned a tough lesson. I still love the abilities of this platform - I just don't think the engine is any good. As a matter of fact, there are CRITICAL problems with just about each and every engine that came on the E60, if you think about it. I thought that buying a naturally aspirated N52B30 would be the safest bet in terms of reliability and longevity. Obviously, I've now realized how wrong I was. If I had known this in advance, I would have just leased a BMW - but I probably would have gone with a BMW still. This is my first Bimmer, and might end up being my last - at least out of non-M ones. But hey, it's not all negative - engine was always the weakest link in my 530Xi, so now I kind of have a chance to build it better and faster. It's the prospect of having to shell out thousands of dollars that's really not that appealing anymore

Quick Reply: Dust has been bitten