E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove my car in Germany.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 04:08 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Good observation Seitch. The tall plate is awkwardly placed with double sided tape. Someone mentioned to me that this type of plate is for newly imported foreign cars, such as japanese and korean cars. They don't have the long slot for European plates.

They were going to install the short U.S. plate holder in the front and use this tall plate there. But I wanted to bring back the long plate so I told them to use it in the back. You need to leave the rear plate with the car upon drop off.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:11 PM
Members

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Nov 12 2004, 07:08 PM
Good observation Seitch. The tall plate is awkwardly placed with double sided tape. Someone mentioned to me that this type of plate is for newly imported foreign cars, such as japanese and korean cars.? They don't have the long slot for European plates.

They were going to install the short U.S. plate holder in the front and use this tall plate there.? But I wanted to bring back the long plate so I told them to use it in the back.? You need to leave the rear plate with the car upon drop off.
[snapback]55557[/snapback]
Ok, that sounds like it makes sense. But I'm still wondering why they would install the short plate at all. So far, all the pics from other Euro deliveries that I've seen had the long plates for both front and rear and when the customers dropped off their cars, they just unscrewed one of the plates to take home.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Contributors

Congrats speedracerF4i. Good looking car.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Senior Members

WOW, I don't know what they did to your paint job but that's an incredible finish! I'm

proud of my clean machine (JB/ but it never looked that bright.

So distracting I did'nt even notice you in the picture at first. Congrats and good luck!
Old 11-12-2004, 07:14 PM
JDN
Contributors

You look too serious in that 4th photo, speedracer. I'll bet those icy streets gave you cause for concern. Great looking car with some pretty sporty upholstery.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

Originally Posted by drjochen' date='Nov 12 2004, 07:29 PM
This is mean!
I am from Bavaria, have lived in the US for over 10 years now, but still - looking at the picture of the food, I could start to cry...

Nice car...but we all know that!

Jochen
[snapback]55512[/snapback]

AMEN Brother! i've lived here for 8 years now ... came from duesseldorf area .... and that food makes me HUNGRY!

--marco

Old 11-12-2004, 11:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' date='Nov 13 2004, 06:10 AM
[quote name='drjochen' date='Nov 12 2004, 07:29 PM']This is mean!
I am from Bavaria, have lived in the US for over 10 years now, but still - looking at the picture of the food, I could start to cry...

Nice car...but we all know that!

Jochen
[snapback]55512[/snapback]

AMEN Brother! i've lived here for 8 years now ... came from duesseldorf area .... and that food makes me HUNGRY!

--marco

[snapback]55591[/snapback]
[/quote]

Great looking car! I wonder if they have started using a different predelivery wax (or whatever).

The food is just wonderful. My wife and I have been here for 19 years 4 inches on the waist and 40 lbs on the body later we are still eating our way through Germany. Wonderful car, food and people! It wil be hard to leave when Uncle starts to cut the numbers.

Edit:
Those pounds and inches are on me. Whew, dodge a bullet there! edited before she saw this!
Old 11-12-2004, 11:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Your car looks great! Congrats man and have fun!
Old 11-12-2004, 11:54 PM
Senior Members

Great pics those.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:35 AM
Senior Members

congrats ! nice car and yummy food [attachment=3810:attachment]!

Quick Reply: Drove my car in Germany.