E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Drove an F10 finally-E60 much better

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My bad it had the DHP-i just refer to it mistakenly by the sport-not saying it was horrible but not as nice as the e60 in handling
Old 08-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mannynj
I know the consensus is that the F10's interior is some sort of ergonomic improvement and all, but sitting in it i couldnt help but think of my buddies Passat and the CC interior design. While still very nice, i'm beginning to see the Genesis , the new M's and Merc's interiors much more luxurious.
I also took out a merc... and i didn't think the e550 interior was anything to write home about... it was lacking and very basic compared to the f10.

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
honestly IMO the f10 is a different demographic than the e60...one that targets more luxury and less sport feel

that's not a bad thing, at this point in my life, I wouldn't mind a little more luxury..and the sport is there, if if you can't "feel it"...but the "feel" of it is so subjective, it's hard to objectively measure anyway....
i agree... i think to get the lexus crowd over to the bm.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

The more I read about the F10, the more I realize that my E60 will need to be replaced by two cars, if I'm to go with an F10 after it - one would have to be something like a Boxster/Cayman for weekend track/twisties runs and another as the DD - the F10 550... from what I've read F10 535 doesn't quite cut it on my personal scale. Not too bad, if I can afford it - but right now I cannot, so I'm enjoying my E60. Hey, I love my E60 - why change?!

I definitely would love to add regen braking and alternator clutch to my N52 - wonder if it is possible to retrofit and how much weight it would add...
Old 08-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

Originally Posted by v_therussian
The more I read about the F10, the more I realize that my E60 will need to be replaced by two cars, if I'm to go with an F10 after it - one would have to be something like a Boxster/Cayman for weekend track/twisties runs and another as the DD - the F10 550... from what I've read F10 535 doesn't quite cut it on my personal scale. Not too bad, if I can afford it - but right now I cannot, so I'm enjoying my E60. Hey, I love my E60 - why change?!

I definitely would love to add regen braking and alternator clutch to my N52 - wonder if it is possible to retrofit and how much weight it would add...
You have summarized my exact feeling. The main advantage of the E60 was the nimbleness along with the practicality.

Now if you take the nimbleness out, then you have to get two cars; one nimble, and one practical.

And if that is the case, I don't think the practical one will have to be a BMW , since all the competitors are as practical.

I don't know what to buy now .
Old 08-12-2010, 01:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by Shebs
You have summarized my exact feeling. The main advantage of the E60 was the nimbleness along with the practicality.

Now if you take the nimbleness out, then you have to get two cars; one nimble, and one practical.

And if that is the case, I don't think the practical one will have to be a BMW , since all the competitors are as practical.

I don't know what to buy now .
I think the nimbleness is still there, just not as communicative. From the reviews I've been reading (for the record: I have not yet driven the F10 myself), the car handles really well - at least as well as the E60. Problem is, the F10's steering doesn't communicate the road surface as good as E60's does, which results in loss of confidence due to not knowing where exactly the car may lose traction. So, nimbleness may very well still be there - at least as much as it can be for the weight of the F10.