E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

DRL's on pre LCI cars

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Ahh, I stand corrected. Though again, I personally have never seen any pre-LCI's I have worked on with that in their option. I guess not all cars are created equal is correct, lol.

And actually, this actually jotted my memory a little. I remember reading that this is actually available for cars outside of US (but again, this DRL is the high beam at lower current and not angel eye).

Anyhoo, my bad tuffluck Sorry for the confusion.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
Actually tuffluck was right & this been discussed before this is on mine from way back (almost 4 yrs ago) = http://forums.5serie...post__p__357514

Actually, this Daytime driving lights option on pre-lci's controls whether the headlights (low beams) turn off automatically when you turn the car off. If this option is selected (on Pre-LCI's), then the car wont sound a bing that you left your lights on...

Try it. I was looking into this for a while. It is also explained in the drivers manual on page 87. but its a little more confussing
Old 11-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Ahh, I stand corrected. Though again, I personally have never seen any pre-LCI's I have worked on with that in their option. I guess not all cars are created equal is correct, lol.

And actually, this actually jotted my memory a little. I remember reading that this is actually available for cars outside of US (but again, this DRL is the high beam at lower current and not angel eye).

Anyhoo, my bad tuffluck Sorry for the confusion.
I've got the DRL option in iDrive on my 2004 545i. I'm about 50% sure that I only got that option when I had the software updated to 32.1.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2004 530i with DRL in I-drive since 2004 without any updat!

When the DRL is activated the low beam+AE are ON all the time day or night. I have adaptive xenon.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

What? No ... I think you got confuse with somethin' else ... the DRL = Daytime Running Lights in pre-LCI is the high beam light up in reduce power so it's visible from far distance (hence the name) ... Not sure what you talking about in my case if I put my headlight switch all the way to the right and I turn the car off the headlight turn off with it ... the only bing/gong sound I got is if I left the switch in the parking light mode (one click to the right from center/off) ...

Originally Posted by ulvit
Actually, this Daytime driving lights option on pre-lci's controls whether the headlights (low beams) turn off automatically when you turn the car off. If this option is selected (on Pre-LCI's), then the car wont sound a bing that you left your lights on...

Try it. I was looking into this for a while. It is also explained in the drivers manual on page 87. but its a little more confussing
Old 11-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

My pre-LCI halo has a daytime running option.

When the DRL box is ticked an lights are in auto mode the low beam and angel eyes are on.

When the box is unticked and the light switch is in auto mode, the lights are off but come on automatically when it gets dark or you go into a dark spot (tunnel).
Old 11-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Senior Members

Guys you need hammers to solve this
Old 11-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray

Just to make sure ... the DRL option in iDrive we are talking about is for US market pre-LCI car ... as where the OP located
Old 11-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tuffluck
i just checked again - turned on DRL's via idrive and they are not the angel eyes, they are in fact just the high beams at a lower luminosity as someone mentioned earlier.

i am not sure what you mean by "cannot see angel eyes during the daytime." they are not super bright, but they are definitely visible. i think i have seen some on the road before that look whiter than mine--these must be the LCI ones.

either way i can turn them on/off via idrive, which apparently is pretty peculiar.
more details plz, im trying to turn off that stupid low beam from high beam and i cant seem to find it wtf
Old 11-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
/rage on

Seriously dude, I have replied to your this particular question in multiple threads already. Wtf man?

/rage off
oh you did ? my bad eheheh didnt check back though

Quick Reply: DRL's on pre LCI cars