E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

DRL's on pre LCI cars

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Sapphire Black Metallic 525i. Beige Dakota Leather, Premium package, bluetooth, BMW Assist, Xenon adaptive lights, Sirius radio

Originally Posted by tuffluck
you can't see angel eyes during the day on pre-lci cars? why can i see mine? i'm confused. but no, mine are not DRL.

i can control my DRLs from idrive. i am pretty certain my car is pre-LCI. i have a 2007, isn't LCI only 2008+?

there seems to be a lot of misinfo in this thread, or i have LCI and i didn't know it.
I have an 07 as well. You can turn off the DRL in idrive. You cannot however make your angel eyes/halo lights function as DRL unless you a trick that the guy earlier in this post mentioned. I do not know the trick. You can see my Angel eyes during the day if lights or parking lights are on.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

LCI in the states should be 2008 and newer. Maybe you have a really late production of 2007?

And I am almost certain that pre-LCI you cannot control the DRL via iDrive. I have worked on so many pre-LCI cars, and I have never seen this as an option in iDrive.

As for being able to see your AE, do you have stock bulbs? Obviously the yellow is easier to see than the white during daytime due to the color spectrum and lack of bright luminance.

5e60er: Mtec v2 is the cheapest solution for you, however, depending on what you're looking for in terms of brightness, you might not be satisfied. Where are you located? Maybe you can check out my angel eyes in person to help you decide.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
LCI in the states should be 2008 and newer. Maybe you have a really late production of 2007?

And I am almost certain that pre-LCI you cannot control the DRL via iDrive. I have worked on so many pre-LCI cars, and I have never seen this as an option in iDrive.

As for being able to see your AE, do you have stock bulbs? Obviously the yellow is easier to see than the white during daytime due to the color spectrum and lack of bright luminance.

5e60er: Mtec v2 is the cheapest solution for you, however, depending on what you're looking for in terms of brightness, you might not be satisfied. Where are you located? Maybe you can check out my angel eyes in person to help you decide.
my factory warranty expires late january of 2011, so that would mean my car was produced in late january of 2007. is that a late production 2008? i wouldn't think so, but then again i know some car manufacturers build the next year model in the previous year, i just don't know bmw's schedule.

i can definitely turn on the DRLs in the idrive, but they are not angel eyes. i have done this on more than one occasion via idrive. i do have stock bulbs as well.

any other things i should check to see if i have LCI? i am pretty certain that i do not have an LCI E60, but if you give me some other checks i will look into it further.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Senior Members

i just checked again - turned on DRL's via idrive and they are not the angel eyes, they are in fact just the high beams at a lower luminosity as someone mentioned earlier.

i am not sure what you mean by "cannot see angel eyes during the daytime." they are not super bright, but they are definitely visible. i think i have seen some on the road before that look whiter than mine--these must be the LCI ones.

either way i can turn them on/off via idrive, which apparently is pretty peculiar.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Actually tuffluck was right & this been discussed before this is on mine from way back (almost 4 yrs ago) = http://forums.5serie...post__p__357514

@tuffluck ... you can find your car production stamped on the driver side door jamb (same sticker w/ the VIN) as far as production mine is 10/'06 ...

As discussed before just like mine the on/off selection maybe available on non-Nav (M-ASK) equiped car ... so not all pre-LCI created equal

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc

Old 11-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

I believe some SW updates for pre-LCI's included the DRL control via iDrive as well

that being said...maybe someone wants to post pics of what exactly they are talking about to avoid any other confusion (that's blastiwi for posting the pic)
Old 11-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Gene may have a good point ... as in my case the car was born w/ such feature as it was one of the thing my Sales guy went thru during delivery back on Nov. '06.

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
I believe some SW updates for pre-LCI's included the DRL control via iDrive as well

that being said...maybe someone wants to post pics of what exactly they are talking about to avoid any other confusion (that's blastiwi for posting the pic)
Old 11-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS

his pic looks exactly like what my idrive looks like. thanks for the help!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Sapphire Black Metallic 525i. Beige Dakota Leather, Premium package, bluetooth, BMW Assist, Xenon adaptive lights, Sirius radio

My 07 idrive menu allows you to teun on or off DRL.
I just want to know nomis_nehc secret to make the AEs DRLs and also to have AEs come on as welcome lights!!!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530i ~ Fully loaded | Sport Package 20" VIP Modular Wheels ICE by Method Sound M Style Body Kit Stop Tech BBK FK High Sport Coilovers RPI Exhaust RPI Air Intake

[quote name='Martin525i' timestamp='1288820080' post='1264438']
My 07 idrive menu allows you to teun on or off DRL.

Ditto.

Quick Reply: DRL's on pre LCI cars