E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

DRL's on pre LCI cars

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530i ~ Fully loaded | Sport Package 20" VIP Modular Wheels ICE by Method Sound M Style Body Kit Stop Tech BBK FK High Sport Coilovers RPI Exhaust RPI Air Intake

I have seen the newer LCI e60's have angel eyes as the DRL's but the pre LCI's have the DRL 's thru the xenon's... Is there any way to get the angel eyes to become the DRL's on a pre LCI e60??? I would really like to have this mod done but can't find any info on having them switched over... Is this even an option for pre LCI cars??

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Well my friend, I can barely see my Angel Eyes at night when my garage light is turned on, how is someone going to manage to see our pre lci lights running as a DRL, at daytime ?

Umnitza Orion V2 is ur answer.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by 5e60er
I have seen the newer LCI e60's have angel eyes as the DRL's but the pre LCI's have the DRL 's thru the xenon's... Is there any way to get the angel eyes to become the DRL's on a pre LCI e60??? I would really like to have this mod done but can't find any info on having them switched over... Is this even an option for pre LCI cars??

Thanks!

Going to clear this up for you. For pre-LCI, the DRL is NOT xenon, it is the high beam running at a reduced current. This is the same for both xenon and halogen. I offer the service of enabling the angel eyes as DRL for pre-LCI. However, unless you have aftermarket solution such as Orion v2, or Mtec v2 equivalent, your angel eyes won't be visible during day time anyway.

If you are interested, PM me and we will discuss. I can also fade on your angel eyes on/off with key unlock/lock, and other things as well. I am only offering my services for two more weekends, as I will be relocating.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530i ~ Fully loaded | Sport Package 20" VIP Modular Wheels ICE by Method Sound M Style Body Kit Stop Tech BBK FK High Sport Coilovers RPI Exhaust RPI Air Intake

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Going to clear this up for you. For pre-LCI, the DRL is NOT xenon, it is the high beam running at a reduced current. This is the same for both xenon and halogen. I offer the service of enabling the angel eyes as DRL for pre-LCI. However, unless you have aftermarket solution such as Orion v2, or Mtec v2 equivalent, your angel eyes won't be visible during day time anyway.

If you are interested, PM me and we will discuss. I can also fade on your angel eyes on/off with key unlock/lock, and other things as well. I am only offering my services for two more weekends, as I will be relocating.
I should have been more clear, I know the angel eyes are not the same thing as the xenons and are a seperate piece... Not sure about which angel eye bulb I have but will look into it, bought them from trinity... I'll get in touch with you soon. Thanks!
Old 11-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Contributors

Yup, more clear would be nice. In fact, I am even more confused by your last response.

In your first post you said DRLs for pre-LCI's are xenon lights -- which I am saying it's not. Your post above is saying the angel eyes are not the same thing as xenons. But of course?

DRLs have nothing to do with xenons.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

pre-LCI drl = inner bulbs/circles/lamps of the headlight units (I believe the OP is using the word "xenon" and inner bulb/lamp interchangeably causing the confusion)

LCI DRL = angel eyes/halo's

I think the OP wants to know if he can program or wire his AE's to be his DRL's for his pre-LCI e60...

most with pre-LCI e60's just have the dealer deactivate the DRL function (since you can't control it via iDrive like LCI e60's) and just turn on their parking lamps/one click to the right = AE's on
Old 11-03-2010, 07:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i
Model Year: 2007

whats the best way to mod the angle eyes to either make it bright out more when i have pre lci non projectors ?
Old 11-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by NguyenAzn
whats the best way to mod the angle eyes to either make it bright out more when i have pre lci non projectors ?
/rage on

Seriously dude, I have replied to your this particular question in multiple threads already. Wtf man?

/rage off
Old 11-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Yup, more clear would be nice. In fact, I am even more confused by your last response.

In your first post you said DRLs for pre-LCI's are xenon lights -- which I am saying it's not. Your post above is saying the angel eyes are not the same thing as xenons. But of course?

DRLs have nothing to do with xenons.
Haha my bad, i got you man, thats what I meant. I want to run the AE's as the day time running lights.

Guess I need to get the correct AE output bulb to be visable during the day time (Orion v2, or Mtec v2) and then this mod will make sense.

Any recomendations on who has the cheapest AE's (Orion v2, or Mtec v2)?

Hopefully that puts us all on the same page and takes out the confusion.

Ryan
Old 11-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Senior Members

you can't see angel eyes during the day on pre-lci cars? why can i see mine? i'm confused. but no, mine are not DRL.

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
most with pre-LCI e60's just have the dealer deactivate the DRL function (since you can't control it via iDrive like LCI e60's) and just turn on their parking lamps/one click to the right = AE's on
i can control my DRLs from idrive. i am pretty certain my car is pre-LCI. i have a 2007, isn't LCI only 2008+?

there seems to be a lot of misinfo in this thread, or i have LCI and i didn't know it.

Quick Reply: DRL's on pre LCI cars