E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Driving Lights/ DRL's/Pretty dumb question

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 06:25 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E60 550i Black/Sand. Dinan free flow intake, throttle body, carbon fiber strut brace, and exhaust. Carbon fiber engine cover. Blend mount for a Belltronics RD w/mirror tap. Smoke LED taillights. Projector fog-lites w/HID kit.

Originally Posted by Mikey B-mer
On pre-LCI'S, the inner projectors are your high beams. On LCI'S, it's one bulb that has both hi & low beams on the same projector. That's why they are "Bi-xenons".
OK, so im confused. Ive been believing i have a Pre-LCI BMW, a 2007 550i. Im confused because when i turn on my High Beams, I do this by pushing my turn signal lever forward and the high beams stay on, but its the outer "Bi-xenon" bulb doing this. However, when i flash oncomming traffic with my high beams momentarily, by pulling back on my turn signal lever and then releasing it, its the inner halogen bulbs that flash, not the "Bi-xenon" bulb. this set-up makes sense considering the rapid on/off of flashing would be more friendly to a halogen bulb than a HID Xenon bulb and ballast, no?
SO...... Pre-LCI... or LCI, what exactly am i driving?? or is this just a matter of coding?? little help here please.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

You have pre-LCI ... the inner section of the headlight uses reflector while LCI has frosted lens covering it.

... plus LCI start as '08 model ... and then LCI tail lights has LED rods & blinkers.

Originally Posted by marine8551
OK, so im confused. Ive been believing i have a Pre-LCI BMW, a 2007 550i. Im confused because when i turn on my High Beams, I do this by pushing my turn signal lever forward and the high beams stay on, but its the outer "Bi-xenon" bulb doing this. However, when i flash oncomming traffic with my high beams momentarily, by pulling back on my turn signal lever and then releasing it, its the inner halogen bulbs that flash, not the "Bi-xenon" bulb. this set-up makes sense considering the rapid on/off of flashing would be more friendly to a halogen bulb than a HID Xenon bulb and ballast, no?
SO...... Pre-LCI... or LCI, what exactly am i driving?? or is this just a matter of coding?? little help here please.

Last edited by BlaSTiWi; 03-19-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Metallic Green 535i,Dakota Brown leather,NAV,HD Radio, Comfort Access,Sport pkg,Premium Pkg,Cold Weather pkg,Logic7,Park Distance, SAT/Paddles, Ipod adapter, tint, LED Side markers, & halos, heated fronts,CPO'd car, tinted tails, heads, reflectors, backup camera, afe cold air intake, led license plate lights, rear lip spoiler, recoded modules: remote folding of mirrors, deleted accept screen on idrive, auto unlocking of door when ignition turned off, closing windows, & sunroof w/ remote, digital speedo on instrument cluster.

My mistake. Sorry to confuse you, but you have pre-lci. Lci projectors have frosted lens that contains cornering lights, & clear fins on the sides where the turn signals are. Pre-lci has the inner clear lens with orange smooth sides where the turn signals are. Check this out: https://5series.net/info/2008_LCI_Detailed_Changes.pdf

Last edited by Mikey B-mer; 03-20-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:48 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 E60 550i Black/Sand. Dinan free flow intake, throttle body, carbon fiber strut brace, and exhaust. Carbon fiber engine cover. Blend mount for a Belltronics RD w/mirror tap. Smoke LED taillights. Projector fog-lites w/HID kit.

ok, good to go, thats what i thought. i just upgraded my tail lights to lci tail lights, the fronts however i was really pretty ok with so i didnt really think of changing them out. i appreciate the feedback
Old 03-21-2013, 10:08 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 BMW 550i m sport lci

once you remove the headlight from the car to change the d1s bulb and you hAve those headlights that the projectors turn when you turn the steering wheel do i have to reprogram them or does the car do that on its own? thanx