E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Driver side light chaos

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi guys,

my driverside light has just stopped working, so i took it out carefully and came across this wire just hanging loose. does it connect to the gold resistor?(sorry im a complete and utter car noob!) if so is it easy to refit or do i take it to a garage to get done? the high voltage sticker is making me hesitant in messing with it lol! see picture:

another issue; I have had nothing but problems with this light. i have bad condensation build ups which causes the dipped beam to not work. i took it to a bmw approved garage who fitted a new control unit which was fine but after a week the dipped beam failed again leaving me with only the sidelight working. i called him up but he said it was the condensation causing the failure and that there was nothing he could do (very frustrating after paying him +£300 for it). im going to try and put a silicon bag in the bulb cover to stop the condensation, should i get another control unit? i cant see any cracks on the light although the previous owner has opened up the lights as they have been resealed (see image 22 of the underside of the light). im tempted to just buy a new light.

the lights are LCI adaptive bixenon which are fitted to my 03 545i. apologies for my terrible car knowledge! :-/

cheers

jamie
Attached Thumbnails Driver side light chaos-11.jpg   Driver side light chaos-22.jpg