E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

download the dvd navigation

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 02:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d touring

Originally Posted by Turkimax' post='217907' date='Jan 1 2006, 12:41 PM
WHAT to do??
i need the map !!

You must upgrade to the Professional navi, you have to ask your dealer for this, the kit is a bit expensive (in italy I think is more than 1500 euros)

HIH

regards

claudio
Old 01-01-2006, 03:15 AM
Taz
Members

My Ride: I have a 2004 E60. It was registered in January 2004. It's a Black Sapphire 530i SE with a few options: - Auto-dim interior + folding exterior mirrors - Automatic gearbox - Bi-Xenon headlights - Bluetooth - Leather interior (Black-Dakota) - Navigation system - business - Service inclusive - Sport steering wheel - Star spoke 124 8Jx18"/9Jx18" + run flats - Top tint windscreen - BMW 6-CD autochanger - Supagard paint treatment - BMW carpet mats

Turkimax, the answers are in the previous posts but here is a simple explanation:

Arrows = Business navigation

Map = Professional Navigation

What this means is that if your BMW has Business Navigation then you will only see arrows. If your BMW has Professional Navigation then you will see a map.

As for copying the DVD or downloading it:

a) It's illegal (EDIT: if you don't own the original DVD)

b) I made a backup copy of my Business Nav DVD after spending ?200 on buying one from my BMW dealer. I used the backup successfully until my first software update. After that software update I was unable to use the backup copy. Worse still, my car was in for a service and a BMW technician must have spotted that I had a copied DVD in the car. They ejected the DVD and left a nasty note for me in the car about software theft. I had to show them the receipt and the original DVD before they calmed down!

Hope that helps!
Old 01-02-2006, 07:21 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Taz' post='217913' date='Jan 1 2006, 07:15 AM
Turkimax, the answers are in the previous posts but here is a simple explanation:

Arrows = Business navigation

Map = Professional Navigation

What this means is that if your BMW has Business Navigation then you will only see arrows. If your BMW has Professional Navigation then you will see a map.

As for copying the DVD or downloading it:

a) It's illegal (EDIT: if you don't own the original DVD)

b) I made a backup copy of my Business Nav DVD after spending ?200 on buying one from my BMW dealer. I used the backup successfully until my first software update. After that software update I was unable to use the backup copy. Worse still, my car was in for a service and a BMW technician must have spotted that I had a copied DVD in the car. They ejected the DVD and left a nasty note for me in the car about software theft. I had to show them the receipt and the original DVD before they calmed down!

Hope that helps!
Interesting story. I also made a backup of my 02/2005 nav dvd and use the copy and keeping the original. But i think that if i have a chance now of downloading the dvd 01/2006 or later versions i would do it although it's illegal. After all it's shamefull to pay again 350euros just for an upgrade. I have made an image of my prof dvd though...