E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door seal creaks are coming back...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 05:32 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i, Jet Black/Black, Manual, Sport, Logic 7

It's been about a month since I had the door seals replaced per BMW's TSB. Well, I think the creaking is coming back, although it's not as bad as it was before (yet).

I've also noticed a chattering sound when I declutch at low speeds, typically when driving around a parking lot and over speed bumps. I took it in last week - the SA heard it, and acknowledged that it sounded wrong, but the technician said it's normal. The SA said they see so few manual E60s, so maybe they don't have anything to compare it to. There is an 05 545 manual in the showroom - perhaps I should test drive it to see if it makes the same noise. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 09-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by SteveHI' date='Sep 7 2005, 06:32 PM
It's been about a month since I had the door seals replaced per BMW's TSB.? Well, I think the creaking is coming back, although it's not as bad as it was before (yet).?

I've also noticed a chattering sound when I declutch at low speeds, typically when driving around a parking lot and over speed bumps.? I took it in last week - the SA heard it, and acknowledged that it sounded wrong, but the technician said it's normal.? The SA said they see so few manual E60s, so maybe they don't have anything to compare it to.? There is an 05 545 manual in the showroom - perhaps I should test drive it to see if it makes the same noise.? Has anyone else had this problem?
[snapback]168115[/snapback]
Regretfully, my creaks are slowly returning after new door seals too. I think I will just try and keep them as clean as possible.

There has always been a rattle upon dpressing the clutch. Since day one. I first showed it to BMW Roma on my first week in the car in Italy. They said it was normal and since manuals are very common in Europe, were able to duplicate the noise in the first E60 we sat in. I then showed it to my dealer here in California who also confirmed that it was normal.

If you are in 1st and rolling along at sub 5-10mph, then depress the clutch, the process of disengaing the flywheel from the gear box causes the the noise. It sounds to me like the drivetrain knocks against the chassis. Anyway its normal.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 (born 11/04) 525i Touring: jet black, bi-xenons, sports suspension, extended air conditioning. Retrofits: hinged cubby hole, AUX-input, generic I-Drive video interface (a.k.a. xbox-e60) Warranty repairs: software update, door seals replaced, loose aluminium trim fixed. Repairs: Self-levelling compressor.

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Sep 8 2005, 08:25 AM
[quote name='SteveHI' date='Sep 7 2005, 06:32 PM']It's been about a month since I had the door seals replaced per BMW's TSB.? Well, I think the creaking is coming back, although it's not as bad as it was before (yet).?

I've also noticed a chattering sound when I declutch at low speeds, typically when driving around a parking lot and over speed bumps.? I took it in last week - the SA heard it, and acknowledged that it sounded wrong, but the technician said it's normal.? The SA said they see so few manual E60s, so maybe they don't have anything to compare it to.? There is an 05 545 manual in the showroom - perhaps I should test drive it to see if it makes the same noise.? Has anyone else had this problem?
[snapback]168115[/snapback]
Regretfully, my creaks are slowly returning after new door seals too. I think I will just try and keep them as clean as possible.

There has always been a rattle upon dpressing the clutch. Since day one. I first showed it to BMW Roma on my first week in the car in Italy. They said it was normal and since manuals are very common in Europe, were able to duplicate the noise in the first E60 we sat in. I then showed it to my dealer here in California who also confirmed that it was normal.

If you are in 1st and rolling along at sub 5-10mph, then depress the clutch, the process of disengaing the flywheel from the gear box causes the the noise. It sounds to me like the drivetrain knocks against the chassis. Anyway its normal.
[snapback]168168[/snapback]
[/quote]

Oh dear... this is bad news if the creaks are coming...
Yesterday I got my seals replaced and for now it feels so rock solid, no creaks what-so-ever. Horrible if the creaks are getting back, I'm scared

Also I think that I could feel/hear this clutch effect... I've to pay attention to it
Old 09-07-2005, 10:06 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The crypt creaks will come back!