E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door lock problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope I am not the only one with this problem. In I-drive, I set the door to automatically lock when I start driving. When all the doors are open either through my remote or inside of the car, majority of the time, both rear doors wont lock again when I start driving off. The front driver and passenger door will lock once I start driving BUT both of my rear door wont lock at all. I have to use the inside door lock button and even that doesn't lock the rear all the time. I sent it into the dealer and for some reason, my rear doors lock when they attempt to find the problem. Call it a freak of nature or just coincidence. They then decided to upload a newer version of the software, dont know what version. Anyone encounter this problem?

2006 530i Titanium Grey. Sport, premium, premium sound package.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545iA Jet Black, Black, Sport, Prem Sound, PDC, Rear sunshades, integrated phone, Sirius, Huper Optik tint, Euro Reflectors

I had the same experience in my car, except it was ONLY the right rear door that won't lock. I had car in for service and they replaced the right rear door lock actuator. Seemed to solve the problem for a month or so, and now it locks most of the time, but every once in a while, the right rear won't lock. Really wierd. And you're right, repeatedly pushing the manual locking button on the dash doesn't always work. Have my car in again today for oil service, but decided not to have them pull apart my door panel again to diagnose.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Senior Members

And I thought I was the only one with this problem...

My left rear door only locks 50% of the time & sometimes even using the interior door lock button does not work.

Going in to the dealer next week.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545iA Jet Black, Black, Sport, Prem Sound, PDC, Rear sunshades, integrated phone, Sirius, Huper Optik tint, Euro Reflectors

Originally Posted by BMW#5' post='233649' date='Feb 2 2006, 01:29 PM

My left rear door only locks 50% of the time & sometimes even using the interior door lock button does not work.

That's the great thing about these boards....never having to feel like you're the only one
Old 02-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by jeffnin' post='233757

That's the great thing about these boards....never having to feel like you're the only one
[/quote]

I also have the same issue. Dealer cannot solve this issue even though I got serviced at least two times with this unacceptable problem.
Do we have any solution to fix this?
Old 02-02-2006, 11:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

I know at least 3 of us including myself having this problem. I started to have this problem after upgrading to CIP19. It's very annoying; the behaviour is exactly as Shane put it. My workaround at the moment is to reopen my driver's door and close it (after the autolock has been activated). After that 99% the rear will lock once I drive off; or just manually lock them which might fail once in every 20-30 times.

I now have a good excuse to get my software updated foc. Well, that's bright side of this annoyance.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:23 AM
Members

Same problem here. They upgraded the software, but to no avail, so anybody with a solution?
Old 11-05-2006, 05:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

totaly same problem here.....
1st it was only right rear now it is both rear pass door....
anyone with a solution????
Old 12-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 525d

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='352564' date='Nov 5 2006, 02:50 PM
totaly same problem here.....
1st it was only right rear now it is both rear pass door....
anyone with a solution????
Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but I'm having the same problem. Dealer reckons it's some kind of module that controls the rear doors and fuel cap.

Did anyone ever get this solved?
Old 12-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I don't have this problem, mine is a little different. Sometimes I hit my remote when I get out of the car, hear the beep, and walk away. When I get back to my car it's unlocked, like it never did lock, which is REALLY worrisome.

Quick Reply: Door lock problem