E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

DOOR DINGS! @#$%$&#!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by djlarroc
are you able to park further away and walk?

i know it sucks, but thats what i always do. no matter where i go. my wife luckily, understands.
This doesn't work, anytime I park far away EVERY time there is some one next to me. I parked at mall before they were closing 6 cars away from anyone else, wasn't even busy. Got back to my car with 2 parked on each side within inches.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: | 2010 535i x-drive | Monaco Blue Metallic | Cream Beige Dakota | 6 Spd Manual | Sport | Cold Weather | Premium | HUD | Navi | Logic 7 |

Originally Posted by black550_m5sport
I do the same thing... it's always a painful ritual going through the whole "threat assessment" situation come parking time. I have taken to dropping off whoever I have in the car with me at the entrance of wherever we are going and tell them I will be back - after I find a SUITABLE parking spot.

I usually come back on foot and out of breath.

Rules:

1. find an end spot and park over the line on the opposite side to give the eventual idiot who decides to park next to you a WIDE BERTH and NO EXCUSE for bumping your car

2. park next to a handicap spot and "encroach on it a little" - again giving the idiot on the other side a super-wide berth. Yes, if a handicapped person needs to use the spot, all bets are off, as you will likely be dinged big time. Furthermore, if you feel this type of encroachment is illegal, I discourage you from taking this approach.

3. avoid the side-by-side parking scenario at all costs if possible by parallel parking along a curb perhaps on the road leading into the parking lot (as long as the curb is not yellow)

4. park far, far away off in the distance - while still adhering to #1, #2, or #3 above.

5. (any other suggestions?)

I used to struggle with this because often, parking along a curb ends up putting you underneath a power line or light pole.. which of course means you will be susceptible to being DIVE-BOMBED by the birds (dark 550's are the birds' preference I have come to understand ). I decided that the risk is worth it - as POOP washes off.

=

"Rules of Parking"

Should be a Sticky....hmmmm

(A possible #5) Always try to park on the with the passenger side (since a driver's door is guaranteed to be opened)