E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

door ding

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 11:36 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Thats cool i had forgotten about the paintless dent removal people i will check with the dealer to see who they recommend. It just burns my buns that people can be so inconsiderate to others property.

I have also noticed today upon getting into the car that my drives seat squeeks when i sit in it seems that the back rest and seat cushion is squeeking do they have to rip the seat apart to fix this problem or what i like to know before i go so i can compare what they are going to do compared to other dealers that have fixed this problem
Old 01-04-2005, 12:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

My dealer did some minor adjustments to the springtension in my seat (at least that's what they told me).

I know people that used WD40 to cure it. Although this seems to be a very unique way to do it.. (not calling names)
Old 01-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by buddy' date='Jan 4 2005, 05:31 AM
I have just noticed when washing my car on a baulmy 65 degree day in Va that some jerk has dinged my door, 15000 miles and a year ownership in Oct of 2004 and not a nick scratch or rock chip, well except for the curb rash (bbs rxII) and front spoiler rash cause by my wife, although it is a little ding it stands out on a clean jet black car like a big red pimple on a models face.?

As i always park away from everyone came back to the car one day and some beater was parked right next to me with ten spaces on each side of me this person had to be the culprit darnit gotta get this fixed any ding for the rest of the board
[snapback]75399[/snapback]
Find the absolute best body shop in your area, and ask them to repair it. They should use 'paintless dent removal' that they will probably contract out to some independant guy. I had it done on a serious ding and scuff mark on my Audi and it was absolutely amazing - perfect repair and they only charged me $90. If the paint is still intact, the repair should be absolutely unnoticable.

Then you can ask them who they used, and if they tell you, you can contact the guy yourself. Otherwise, if they're the best shop, I would continue to use them. Going cheap doesn't make any sense when you're talking about a $70,000 car.