E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Does your 5 get alot of attention?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 09:48 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I get occasional compliments, but there are so many $200k+ cars in my area (SL65s, CL600s, Gallardos, Bentleys, Phantoms - you name it), that my 5er is just a little pimple of insignificance. I think, most of the compliments it gets are from me - which is what's important to me. And I own it, so it works out pretty well

Oh, yeah, and those idiots trying to race me and friggin minivan he-bitches... I just ignore them, but what the crap? People, stop driving like douchebags! ya know...
Old 03-31-2011, 03:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by v_therussian
I get occasional compliments, but there are so many $200k+ cars in my area (SL65s, CL600s, Gallardos, Bentleys, Phantoms - you name it), that my 5er is just a little pimple of insignificance. I think, most of the compliments it gets are from me - which is what's important to me. And I own it, so it works out pretty well

Oh, yeah, and those idiots trying to race me and friggin minivan he-bitches... I just ignore them, but what the crap? People, stop driving like douchebags! ya know...

For some reason in HK, its the idiots driving around in modded Civics and Jazz/Fit who seem to watch to race me....

I do get a lot of staring and pointing though...esp with the v style hood and big brakes!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dt425
up here Modded E60 are rare, so they point alot.
True. I haven't seen that many modded E60's up here either.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:08 AM
jgt
Contributors

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by Isaiah_Charles
Yea not too often I see slammed e60's, I hate the "Is that an M5?" when I dnt even have an mtech kit but I love the "Is that a 2010?" lol
I've gotten a few of the "Is that an M5?" comments. Honestly it makes my day when I hear it.
Oh yea and my car has the stock rear, side skirts and an ACS front lip. LMAO!!
Maybe my M rep mirrors threw them off?
Old 03-31-2011, 05:52 AM
Members

a couple months ago i pulled into rallye bmw out in long island, i just needed a top off and the SA said, "we'll get this done immediately. we know these M5 are high maintenance and god knowing it get a beating cause its a beast". I said i dont have an M5 its a 535. I dont have mtech kit just oem and running 19" matte black miro's staggered. he said, "oh shit! i didnt even notice it didnt have the fender grills...you tricked me!". hahaha it made my day. I would of definitely gotten an M5 if nyc didnt get any snow. gotta love bmw's.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:15 AM
Senior Members

no looks with the $60k E60, much more looks with the modded '00 $15k Camaro Z28.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:03 AM
Contributors

All the time. Hard not to notice my car with the loud exhaust. Man I miss my car. I have people lingering in my blindspot on highways. People wanting to race me. One person said that my car is his dream car. He said he loves the M5. I told him its not a M5. He looked confused after that.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Have only had a handful of people seem to give the car extra attention. On my sportbike it is odd to fill up at a gas station without having at least one person come up to talk about bikes.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:15 AM
Members
Senior Members

In my area the 550 definitely pulls a lot of attention, especially from the ladies I've had females whistle at me and give me the thumps up while I'm pumping gas. My previous car was a modded g35 coupe, and the only heads it would turn was men :thumbsdown: The only thing I wonder is if these females are really snapping their necks for the beautiful lines that the e60 has, or is it just mere $$$$ they see because we are driving Bimmers?

I'm still in my 20's and young girls in their 20's are the easiest targets with these cars, because they are so materialistic. I appreciate the attention from them, but I bought this beast because its looks are stunning and the drive is amazing, next stop is the almighty M5
Old 03-31-2011, 07:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

driving a 2004 you would think i wouldn't get looks, etc. But to be honest there is everything in my loft complex from range rovers, MB, audi, acura. I get props on my car a lot. it is black and i keep it ultra clean. can't wait to put my wheels on, etc and then it will stand out even more. The e-60 is a GREAT looking car and I absolutely think it gets a lot of attention in upstate NY still!

Quick Reply: Does your 5 get alot of attention?