E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Does Not Handle like a BMW! (long)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i sport

This story just pisses me off to no end. I bought my car and had very similar issues. Guess what? 2 BENT RIMS. Want to know something else? The CPO checklist is SUPPOSED to check all the wheels for trueness. That CPO checklist, which I would recommend you ask for and they WILL supply it to you...is supposed to be an exhaustive, comprehensive review of the car from bumper to bumper. Therefore, if it "passed" its CPO status, then the dealer is liable for eveything that you find wrong. Once I argued my points, they replaced both rims with new. UGH....this really gets me going. Sometimes, I really wonder how much money you save by buying a used car. Seems like nobody is on the consumers side....good luck with your wheel repairs.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:14 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 545I SPORTS SUPENSION DINAN CAI DINAN STAGE 2 WISH LIST: RPI SCOOPS BODY KIT NEW FEET (RIMS)

Originally Posted by -Mike-' post='846504' date='Apr 13 2009, 10:28 PM
This story just pisses me off to no end. I bought my car and had very similar issues. Guess what? 2 BENT RIMS. Want to know something else? The CPO checklist is SUPPOSED to check all the wheels for trueness. That CPO checklist, which I would recommend you ask for and they WILL supply it to you...is supposed to be an exhaustive, comprehensive review of the car from bumper to bumper. Therefore, if it "passed" its CPO status, then the dealer is liable for eveything that you find wrong. Once I argued my points, they replaced both rims with new. UGH....this really gets me going. Sometimes, I really wonder how much money you save by buying a used car. Seems like nobody is on the consumers side....good luck with your wheel repairs.
Thanks for your input..your sentiment about the CPO is exactly what i said to my wife...The dealership should be on the hook becuse the certified/sold it as such. At this point it does not matter if they are repaired versus new. Becuase i will be buying aftermarket rims soon. But, I do want to true though incase I want to do the summer winter swap.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 545I SPORTS SUPENSION DINAN CAI DINAN STAGE 2 WISH LIST: RPI SCOOPS BODY KIT NEW FEET (RIMS)

another update... The dealership the car was purchased from called to inform us the car also had a bent strut and implied how did we do that, cause it was not that way when they sold the car to us. He went on to say they would do all they could to help, but....We all knowht the but means.

The Salesmanger stated he needed to get with the service manger to priceout what needed to be done and he would get back with us on what they would be willing to do. Well the call came and I guess it was more entailed than the strut. ( They spoke to my other half so I have know ideal what was needed) Bottom line they needed to order some parts and stated for us not to worry about the repair...Class act!

Well once the car is repair and i learn what was done, I will be sure to let you all know.

Peace
Old 04-24-2009, 01:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

Unreal, good luck !!
Old 05-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Members

Smile

Its time to name the dealership!!!! United BMW

United BMW Of Roswell can kiss the crack of my a$$! In this thread I spoke about handling issues and the end result was 4 not 3 bent rims and a bent strut. Mike Costa Sales manager instisted we wrecked the car or hit a pothole...four bents and a strut but no other damage???! I stated to him it had to be one hell of a pothole. His response was BMW wheels bend easy.

He told us he would do what he could do to assist and when get back with us on repair cost. Well when he got back to use he stated Don't worry about a thing. They kept the car for a month, provided us with two different loaners, and then presented us a bill for $2500 saying they saved us $1K with Mikes discount. Where in the hell does this translate to "don't worry about a thing" In the 1 month that we often called on an update...never did they mention cost. They order news rims, replaced the strut, but never consulted us on cost. I can go on and on....but at this point I will conclude with... "UNITED BMW OF ROSWELL CAN KISS THE CRACK OF MY A$$!!!!"
Old 05-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by hoodwink33' post='833352' date='Apr 1 2009, 06:22 PM
Below is my response to the BMW Survey from this experience. BMW NA intervened based on my response and the car was taken in to the Fayetteville dealership today. Initially they called back stating...can't find any fault codes!!! (Damit)

I called Chad the SA...(very nice guy) and asked if the car was driven...it does not handle...ect..ect...and this was Beemer #3. He stated it had been driven about 22 miles. I then asked him to have it driven at high way speed.

Chad called back and the VERDICT... THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG!!! I knew it!

Well they want the vehicle back on the 13th this is when they will give my wife a loaner to drive so they can try to determine where the problems lies. Hopefully its a defective problem, versus an issue of abuse. Stay tuned for the update.

Fields BMW Survey: ( The beemer is in my wife's name...hence the perspective)

I felt like just another number in this process, that my service advisor lacked Guinness in her approach. My car was brought in due to a Dynamic Drive Malfunction during a recent out of town trip. My advisor informed me the service tech could not find any stored faults, even though I received the error message of four separate occasions during this trip, and that a possible fix would be to do a four wheel alignment.
She went on to explain the alignment was a complicated process which would result in a software update as well added to the cost at around $260. Additionally as the steering wheel was slight off centered it would result in an additional $160 charge to correct that.
As the steering wheel is slightly off center I agree an alignment is probably in order, hence the steering wheel being slightly off center. We have owned this CPO BMW for just over 2 months, but have only driven it 5 times. We have owned a previous 5 series and current own a 330i as well. In my husband experience he stated ?this car does not handle as a BMW should? These were his first words after driving the car the very first time, and resurfaced during this long extended trip. (The car was purchased from a BMW dealership on-line)

Currently our 5 series is garaged until my husband returns back from his military tour in Korea which will be in September. It is garaged for the primary reasons. A lack of confidence in the safety and handling of the vehicle and fear of being taken advantage of by the next service advisor.
I also had issues being assessed a separate diagnostic fee for what was felt MIGHT be the cause of the problem. During this same service visit a faulty windshield wiper pump was diagnosis and replaced under the CPO. I feel the diagnostic for the Dynamic Drive should have been covered as well.

We purposely purchased this vehicle due to it being a CPO as an added guarantee to its soundness. We have been loyal BMW owners for the past 4 yrs purchasing 3 BMW?s during this time frame, and we hope this issue we are experiencing can be resolved effectively, verses the crap shoot approach we felt has been taken at our expense

which fields is this. Lakeland, FL? if you reason with them, they seem to be very good at fixing your problem.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

If your dealership is taking advantage of you, either:

1. Find another dealer in your area, or

2. Call BMW of North America and have them "influence" the dealer into acting right.

I've also found that mentioning to the SA that you're an active member of various online forums actually does magic - go figure!

I'm not sure if there's a dealership like this in your area, but out here in NYC area there's the BMW of Manhattan, which is owned by the BMW NA - its not an independent (franchised) owner, but rather the manufacturer who owns it, so most repairs are absolutely hassle-free. Though I'm not sure if there're other dealerships like that elsewhere in the U.S. - but well worth finding out
Old 05-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi, Platinum Grey, Black Dakota leather, Light Poplar Wood, Anthracite headliner, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather, Nav, HUD, PDC, Night Vision, Logic7, iPod / USB, HD Radio, Sunshades, Heated Rear seats, and Folding Rear Seats.

Originally Posted by hoodwink33' post='889771' date='May 25 2009, 03:22 PM
Its time to name the dealership!!!! United BMW

United BMW Of Roswell can kiss the crack of my a$$! In this thread I spoke about handling issues and the end result was 4 not 3 bent rims and a bent strut. Mike Costa Sales manager instisted we wrecked the car or hit a pothole...four bents and a strut but no other damage???! I stated to him it had to be one hell of a pothole. His response was BMW wheels bend easy.

He told us he would do what he could do to assist and when get back with us on repair cost. Well when he got back to use he stated Don't worry about a thing. They kept the car for a month, provided us with two different loaners, and then presented us a bill for $2500 saying they saved us $1K with Mikes discount. Where in the hell does this translate to "don't worry about a thing" In the 1 month that we often called on an update...never did they mention cost. They order news rims, replaced the strut, but never consulted us on cost. I can go on and on....but at this point I will conclude with... "UNITED BMW OF ROSWELL CAN KISS THE CRACK OF MY A$$!!!!"
So they repaired the car without you authorizing the repairs? Nice. I'm sure BMW NA would be interested in this.

If BMW wheels bend so easily then we should all make sure to go test drive a few cars and make sure to really nail some pot holes to test this fact. Utter crap in my opinion.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Members

So they repaired the car without you authorizing the repairs? Nice. I'm sure BMW NA would be interested in this.

I callled BMW NA and to my surprise it did not help. Even wrote the GM of the dealership. At that point he offered to discount the bill an additional $500. As we expressed to him, we would not have had an issues if we had been advised about being on the hook. All this still without favorable resoultion.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:50 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530d M Sport (58) LCI

Here in the UK there is a trading standards department of the goverenment (or is that a seperate agency ?) who you can complain to about this sort of behaviour. Anything similar in the states?

That is absolutely diabolical! I bought my car over a week ago it's used only 6 months old and 7k+ on the clock. I made sure that the warranty was from BMW and not their franchise, as it's so new i have another 2+ years left on it. This is the 3rd BM i've had and the first i've bought from BMW showroom just for the warranty. I'm hoping not all BMW franchises are like Roswells, as mentioned the only reason i bought it was for the warranty.

Anyways have you tried telling them to go to hell, and to take off all the things they've repaired. As at no time did anyone mention cost and certainly did not ask for your approval! So you're not liable? Worth a try?