E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
View Poll Results: Do you drive with Fog Lights ON or OFF?
In USA and drive with them ON
36.16%
In USA and drive with them OFF
40.96%
In Germany, etc. and drive with them ON
4.43%
In Germany, etc. and drive with them OFF
18.45%
Voters: 542. You may not vote on this poll

Do you drive with Fog Lights ON or OFF?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I passed a 335 on the way to work after taking that picture on the previous page. I wondered what he was thinking about me having my fogs on...we gave the head nod, as i passed i noticed his fogs were on also

I don't use them very often, just when the lighting is right for it.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by advancedlogic
Hmmm, I wonder if Iceman still has the same warm and fuzzy feelings for using those awesome fog lights to add visual spice on a clear night (or day)?
Old 09-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 535 Alpine White

Originally Posted by Crckrjck
This is how I roll to work these days, since it's just light enough out to not need headlights.

I wish my AE's really looked like the camera makes them look, they don't. 2500K fogs. I like that Euro-Yellow look. Rally Style!

Where did you get these bulbs from? im trying to get that amber look but mine are more yellow.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:12 AM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KLR4LIFE
Where did you get these bulbs from? im trying to get that amber look but mine are more yellow.
Got them on e-bay from Sparktec:
Nokya Hyper Yellow Pro Halogen 9006/HB4 55W 2500k

here's a set- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nokya-Hyper-...7f0272&vxp=mtr

less than $20 w/free shipping!

They don't really match the eyebrows, I think the camera is making them look more orange, but they make a nice yellow color on the ground for 20 ft. or so around the front of the car
Old 09-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2014 535 Alpine White

Originally Posted by Crckrjck
Got them on e-bay from Sparktec:
Nokya Hyper Yellow Pro Halogen 9006/HB4 55W 2500k

here's a set- http://www.ebay.com/...a7f0272&vxp=mtr

less than $20 w/free shipping!

They don't really match the eyebrows, I think the camera is making them look more orange, but they make a nice yellow color on the ground for 20 ft. or so around the front of the car

O ok cool, i have yellow HID's but i want amber, i may have to tint my foglights.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

I feel there is no right and wrong here. It's all about what you want to do and who cares about anyone else.
I like to drive during the day with my fogs off because I love the way my OrionV2s look. I live near the beach so we frequently get thick evening and morning fog in the fall and winter. During those occasions I drive with my fogs on. Sometimes during sunset I rock my parking lights on with my amber fogs and Orions. I like the look on my AW 5 and it is the perfect lighting for sunset. My car is lowered slightly over an inch all around on H&R springs and I have never been flashed by on coming traffic because my fogs were too bright. Oh well, to each his or her own.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Members

Today fog lights don't serve a purpose anymore. Especially lately with the addition of LED accent lighting which proves they are not serving an intended purpose, that is all it has been for a while now...accent lighting...with the latest headlight technology in place, they have not served an intended purpose for a long time now. It is more for looks and so that car manufacturers can say "hey our car is safer because it has them".

I drive with them on, i think it looks better, i really don't care what anyone else on the road thinks. I have never got blinded by fog lights unless they had an HID retrofit and i call BS on people that have. Even some of you said it yourself, they don't project light down the road so how can you be bothered by them?
Old 09-12-2012, 01:03 AM
Members

Green HID projector fogs all the way baby. with angel eyes on of course.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:30 AM
Members

My Ride: | 2010 535i x-drive | Monaco Blue Metallic | Cream Beige Dakota | 6 Spd Manual | Sport | Cold Weather | Premium | HUD | Navi | Logic 7 |

Originally Posted by Sanco
Today fog lights don't serve a purpose anymore. Especially lately with the addition of LED accent lighting which proves they are not serving an intended purpose, that is all it has been for a while now...accent lighting...with the latest headlight technology in place, they have not served an intended purpose for a long time now. It is more for looks and so that car manufacturers can say "hey our car is safer because it has them".

I drive with them on, i think it looks better, i really don't care what anyone else on the road thinks. I have never got blinded by fog lights unless they had an HID retrofit and i call BS on people that have. Even some of you said it yourself, they don't project light down the road so how can you be bothered by them?
+1 I totally agree. You really hit the nail on the head
Old 09-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Members

I have it off with that ugly halogen light. (But have it on when it's foggy or rainy)
Maybe with light upgrade I'll prob have it on.

Quick Reply: Do you drive with Fog Lights ON or OFF?