E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I dare - X5

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

Good chance I will take ownership of a CPO 07 X5 4.8 soon. Fully loaded Sport with FRONT/REAR STABILIZER BARS, DUAL EXHAUST SYSTEM, NAV, backup cam, etc. It road great today when I test drove it. Has the new LCI interior, useless 3rd row, etc. Very good sound system. The funny thing is a lot of the sales guys were out looking at my E60 when the appraisal guy was out inspecting it. Man, I love my E60 and mine has actually been reliable.

Do any of you know any issues with the X5? It was a must that I have the V8, just need some help on the decision.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My girlfriend is getting either an X5 or a Cayenne soon she's still in the process of deciding so if anyone knows any negativites of the X5 I'm also interested to know. From what I've seen of the X5 it's a beautiful vehicle and loved it also when I test drove one. Good luck with your choice Kreed!
Old 11-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Originally Posted by KREED_550i
Good chance I will take ownership of a CPO 07 X5 4.8 soon. Fully loaded Sport with FRONT/REAR STABILIZER BARS, DUAL EXHAUST SYSTEM, NAV, backup cam, etc. It road great today when I test drove it. Has the new LCI interior, useless 3rd row, etc. Very good sound system. The funny thing is a lot of the sales guys were out looking at my E60 when the appraisal guy was out inspecting it. Man, I love my E60 and mine has actually been reliable.

Do any of you know any issues with the X5? It was a must that I have the V8, just need some help on the decision.
I really like my X5 50i. It is different than the 550i but just as nice. Its a bit smoother ride, similar performance, and nearly as good of handling, yet has the additional room.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

Originally Posted by Richard in NC
I really like my X5 50i. It is different than the 550i but just as nice. Its a bit smoother ride, similar performance, and nearly as good of handling, yet has the additional room.
It's the additional room I miss from my FX35. The ability to go out and buy something without having to worry if it will fit in the car. Its 4.8 is still fast and handles great. All the extra's I like too. I miss riding higher too.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006

The 4.8 x5 is an awesome suv with plenty of power. Just make sure you ask for transmission software update. Also get y spoke 20 staggered wheel.

SI B 24 06 08
Automatic Transmission
October 2008
Technical Service

SUBJECT
E70, X5 4.8i with N62TU and 6HP26TU - Various Driveability Complaints

MODEL
E70, X5 4.8iA produced up to 10/08

SITUATION
The customer may complain about one or a combination of the following situations, listed below:
Jolts and jerks when pulling away during a 1-2 upshift.
3-4 shift jolts when switching from acceleration to deceleration during or shortly before the shift.
Harsh 2-1 downshift (jolt) when coming to a stop with light brake application.
Jolts and/or jerks felt when reaccelerating after coasting.
Judder when gently accelerating (most noticeable at an engine speed below 2,000 RPM).
CAUSE
DME and EGS software calibration

SOLUTION
On a customer complaint basis only, check the vehicle's integration level.If the integration level is E070-08-05-525 or lower, then reprogram/recode the complete vehicle with a current Progman version (target integration level is E070-08-09-520, available since the release of Progman V31.1).

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty or the Certified Pre-Owned Program.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Penguin; 08-30-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Senior Members

the biggest thing about an SUV vs a sedan or non-truck is that the physical appearance is just a different preference altogether. so, if you're okay with the aesthetics, then who cares? IMO i hate SUVs and think they look really silly, and for all intensive purposes, are rarely useful. if it were me, i would want a truck that had a bed in it plus the towing capabilities over an SUV. i just really don't get the SUV. i also hate the E61 wagon though, or any wagon. again, all aesthetic preferences. the new M X's are probably the stupidest thing BMW ever did in terms of continuing their renown reputation, but i imagine they will sell well only because there is a market for the soccer mom who will never WOT her car, but likes knowing she got the most expensive SUV around. in your case, i think your reasoning is a bit more solid on the same vehicle. i still hate the aesthetics, though
Old 11-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tuffluck
the biggest thing about an SUV vs a sedan or non-truck is that the physical appearance is just a different preference altogether. so, if you're okay with the aesthetics, then who cares? IMO i hate SUVs and think they look really silly, and for all intensive purposes, are rarely useful. if it were me, i would want a truck that had a bed in it plus the towing capabilities over an SUV. i just really don't get the SUV. i also hate the E61 wagon though, or any wagon. again, all aesthetic preferences. the new M X's are probably the stupidest thing BMW ever did in terms of continuing their renown reputation, but i imagine they will sell well only because there is a market for the soccer mom who will never WOT her car, but likes knowing she got the most expensive SUV around. in your case, i think your reasoning is a bit more solid on the same vehicle. i still hate the aesthetics, though
Pleasure reading your response. I hear what you're saying. I'm not interested in a SUV for going off-road or even hauling things. I miss the space, riding up high and the extra storage we all know the E60 lacks. From what I heard the X5 with sport is a blast to drive and has the same anti-roll features the E60 Sport has. I wish I could keep both, but it's one or the other. If I proceed I will also get another new CPO warranty. 3 extra years or 60k miles. My E60 warranty will expire in about a year I think. I want to stay in the BMW family and I mind as well get what makes me happy.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi ao8

The only problem a family member has with his e70 4.8 is the tail light assemble unit will collect water and cause corrosion on the contacting points and cause LED failure. Seems many other e70 owners have had the same issues. That being said, 4.8 X5 are great size plus a blast to drive.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006

X5 4.8 is a blast to drive, good design and a good looking suv. I never had issues except for transmission jerking on low speed. Problem was resolved by software update.

Last edited by elie7; 10-20-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

The X5 is a great car (SAV), the V8 makes it outstanding! DO IT!!

Quick Reply: Do I dare - X5