E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Different Key Remotes

Old 08-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As you may already have read, i have currently borrowed my cousins 7 series as i am waiting for mine to arrive. His key has a button which activates the full interior/ exterior lighting system. Could i buy this key and programme it for my 5 series?
Old 08-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

Originally Posted by asgh4r' post='328019' date='Aug 29 2006, 03:59 AM
As you may already have read, i have currently borrowed my cousins 7 series as i am waiting for mine to arrive. His key has a button which activates the full interior/ exterior lighting system. Could i buy this key and programme it for my 5 series?

ehhh let me guess NO lol....... I am sure BMW would say Get your own 7er......these little things are so much easier in the 7, like the power seat controls, its so annoying to have your hand squeezed between the door panel and seat and voala you are in button heaven in the comfort seats in our e60's but so easy on the 7...its just there on the arm rest.....but then again its such a big car, sometimes it makes me dizzy...lol...but i do want one.....
Old 08-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by asgh4r' post='328019' date='Aug 28 2006, 10:59 PM
Hi, I'm new to this site but have found some very interesting issues discussed on the E60 forum, there's always some little thing that someone has discovered about their car which you hadn't done either!

Anyway, this is my first post so here goes.... In anwer to your question here I think you will get the button on your remote fob (no longer keys as button ignition control) as in the 7 series. I have a 2006 UK spec SE and I have it. When you approach the car when it's locked you can press the locking button (bmw badge) on the fob and it will light up the interior lights so you can find it more easily in a car park etc.

Not sure if this only came as part of the extended light package option which I have and I notice you have specified as well. In that case the exterior led lights under the door mirrors also come on to illuminate the ground around the front doors. The front and rear lights do not come on with this function though so maybe that's where the 5 differs from the 7?

Also the BMW badge locking button on the fob can be used to de-activate the interior movement sensors if you wish to do so when parked. Once it is locked with the badge button, immediatley press it again and the flashing red alarm light will change its flashing pattern to confirm that the movement sensors are deactivated.