E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer trip monday

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 05 525I is headed to the dealer on monday to have the ipod integration option added. I'm new to this forum but far from new to BMW. I asked them that while it was in there that all the other software be updated and was told "sure, they will do it all". My question is, is there anything in particular I should ask to have updated or enabled? Can I have text messaging enabled? I have the business CD with no nav. Just trying to get the most bang for my buck, this is the third car I have bought from this dealer in 9 month so they treat me decent and if there are any "extras" I can have programmed in while i'm there, now would be the time. Thanks...
Old 12-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Members
Senior Members

I forget to add, while it's there I am having them see if there are any options to make the heater work more like my 3 series did of my wifes x5. I get hot hot hot air from the floor as well as the defrosters but only warm (120 max) from the vents. The "blend wheel" is set to 4 red bars and any time i direct the airflow to the vents, it comes out warm, not hot so the fan has to run way higher than it should to try to warm the car. On "auto" it warms up fast but I cant stand the hot air on my feet. I want to be able to have hot air out of my vents. Is this something that can be addressed through programming?
Old 12-05-2010, 05:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by locomotiveBart
I forget to add, while it's there I am having them see if there are any options to make the heater work more like my 3 series did of my wifes x5. I get hot hot hot air from the floor as well as the defrosters but only warm (120 max) from the vents. The "blend wheel" is set to 4 red bars and any time i direct the airflow to the vents, it comes out warm, not hot so the fan has to run way higher than it should to try to warm the car. On "auto" it warms up fast but I cant stand the hot air on my feet. I want to be able to have hot air out of my vents. Is this something that can be addressed through programming?
as far as the heater ?, on auto - mine actually starts at the feet and then moves to provide air to both. I also notice the warm air coming from the vents, not hot. I truly think that it is specifically like that on auto.,... I tried everything in idrive so it must be the way it is. hope that helps.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Sluis530
as far as the heater ?, on auto - mine actually starts at the feet and then moves to provide air to both. I also notice the warm air coming from the vents, not hot. I truly think that it is specifically like that on auto.,... I tried everything in idrive so it must be the way it is. hope that helps.
I was actually afraid that was going to be the answer. It's the one thing I hate about this car.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by locomotiveBart
I was actually afraid that was going to be the answer. It's the one thing I hate about this car.
i agree. its strange but i never find myself "cold" in the car even though its not letting hot air out... who knows what the germans were thinking